Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2015, 09:18 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacknchromehd View Post
PSW...you are correct about the trans...If i want more power I need a larger Trans...but the light weight of the coach is not enough for that investment.
Any further news from your source regarding the power upgrade?
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 09:32 AM   #102

Well she has told me the 340 is the MAX allowed on the 2500 transmission...told me the cost to upgrade is crazy and that my chassis would not handle the 3300 trans...
Blacknchromehd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:07 AM   #103

Has anyone else re flashed their ecm for the 340hp/700tq upgrade?

Drove some long grades this past weekend in big wind and some extra juice would have been nice!
Old 06-13-2016, 08:48 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
Has anyone else re flashed their ecm for the 340hp/700tq upgrade?

Drove some long grades this past weekend in big wind and some extra juice would have been nice!
Ugh same here.. Wish I could find a good deal on the upgrade. I can't even remember the price quote I got but it was crazy.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofoo View Post
Ugh same here.. Wish I could find a good deal on the upgrade. I can't even remember the price quote I got but it was crazy.
There has to be some reasonable way to get this done.

I wonder if the forest river folks would be able to help up if we were willing to pay for the flash portion of it. I guess the big cost is adjusting warranty which is ridiculous.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:29 AM   #106

Quote:
There has to be some reasonable way to get this done.

I wonder if the forest river folks would be able to help up if we were willing to pay for the flash portion of it. I guess the big cost is adjusting warranty which is ridiculous.
Have a contact with FR that may be able to help? I honestly wouldn't mind paying like $500. But I think if I recall correctly it was more like 1500.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #107

Quote:
Have a contact with FR that may be able to help? I honestly wouldn't mind paying like $500. But I think if I recall correctly it was more like 1500.
Don't really have anyone at FR in min but maybe the warranty people might be able to help. I'd be willing to pay 50% of the cost so $750 I guess. The thing I don't understand is the aren't any parts or anything mechanical to do with this so why the high cost?

We are on our third year with the coach and at some point this warranty issue won't be coming into play. I have to look and see how long the tranny/engine is covered, can't remember.

Can adding 40 hp and 40tq be that detrimental since they are being sold this way now?
Old 06-13-2016, 09:44 AM   #108

Another thing I'm now considering is some sort of steering stabilizer after driving in the really high winds in PA this weekend. Gusts over 40 for 5 straight hours!

I haven't really seen the need with the legacy as it handles really good however it was pretty rough with the wind that high, not sure if these mods would help or not.

Anyone add a stabilizer?
Old 06-13-2016, 10:06 AM   #109

Quote:
Another thing I'm now considering is some sort of steering stabilizer after driving in the really high winds in PA this weekend. Gusts over 40 for 5 straight hours!

I haven't really seen the need with the legacy as it handles really good however it was pretty rough with the wind that high, not sure if these mods would help or not.

Anyone add a stabilizer?
Looking into these seriously after a drive to Florida last month.

The one I came across here with great reviews was the Supersteer:

SuperSteer Bell Crank - Freightliner XC Magnum RV Chassis

Anyone here have any additional feedback?
Old 06-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #110

Quote:
Looking into these seriously after a drive to Florida last month.

The one I came across here with great reviews was the Supersteer:

SuperSteer Bell Crank - Freightliner XC Magnum RV Chassis

Anyone here have any additional feedback?
Safe-t-plus was the one I was looking at however the supersteer has a lot of reviews where owners installed both items.

Obviously don't want to start changing anymore items than really need to be.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:08 PM   #111

Quote:

Anyone add a stabilizer?
We are in the Canadian Rockies right now, have 40 mph winds all day yesterday. Made for a very long day.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:27 AM   #112

Spoke with a local Cummins facility yesterday and was told the cost is $500 for the flash and $1000 for the update to the warranty. If we wait until the 5yr warranty is up then only $500 or there is a flash that can be done apparently by ourselves but would leave a code in the ecm which would void warranty if something should go wrong with power train in meantime.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:04 AM   #113

Quote:
Spoke with a local Cummins facility yesterday and was told the cost is $500 for the flash and $1000 for the update to the warranty. If we wait until the 5yr warranty is up then only $500 or there is a flash that can be done apparently by ourselves but would leave a code in the ecm which would void warranty if something should go wrong with power train in meantime.
I checked with Cummins in El Cajon, CA and got exactly the same answer. I have decided to leave well enough alone, fairly pleased with the power as it is. Seems like I pull most grades at about the same speed I could in the past with my 5th wheel and Duramax diesel.