Old 04-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #1

Thermostat

My Legacy 360RB has a Dometic Comfort Control Center 2 thermostat with a remote sensor in the bedroom. Clearly this sensor is not having an impact. The temperature for both zones is always the same, even when I deliberately manipulate the one or the other sensors.

I took the cover off the remote sensor and there are two wires there. Looking at a Dometic remote sensor online, the white one appears to be the sensor, not sure what the gray one is. Picture is attached.

Has anyone else had this issue? There is no connection on the back of the thermostat for a remote so it must connect to some unit somewhere that brings all the wires together. I have no idea where that is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2531.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	470.7 KB
ID:	167461  

bnyosemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnyosemite View Post
My Legacy 360RB has a Dometic Comfort Control Center 2 thermostat with a remote sensor in the bedroom. Clearly this sensor is not having an impact. The temperature for both zones is always the same, even when I deliberately manipulate the one or the other sensors.

I took the cover off the remote sensor and there are two wires there. Looking at a Dometic remote sensor online, the white one appears to be the sensor, not sure what the gray one is. Picture is attached.

Has anyone else had this issue? There is no connection on the back of the thermostat for a remote so it must connect to some unit somewhere that brings all the wires together. I have no idea where that is.

Looks like they put both zone's sensor wires in the same location. Is there any other "covers" like the one you removed anywhere else in the coach? There should only be one sensor wire under the "cover". In my opinion, there should be another sensor located in the living/kitchen area that would control the AC (zone 1) above that area.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:39 PM   #3

I assume the zone 1 sensor is on the thermostat itself. If I stand in front of it and adjust settings the temp starts to rise.

So now that I've put everything back, reset the thermostat, and unplugged and plugged in all the connections in the bedroom unit (under the filter cover) I'm getting different readings in the two zones. Maybe something was loose or the reset recognized the remote sensor.

After also setting up my AGS for the first time on the Magnum power panel and understanding how this works, I believe that the second wire is likely a sensor that runs to the AGS unit for kicking off the generator based on temperature.
bnyosemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnyosemite View Post
I assume the zone 1 sensor is on the thermostat itself. If I stand in front of it and adjust settings the temp starts to rise.

So now that I've put everything back, reset the thermostat, and unplugged and plugged in all the connections in the bedroom unit (under the filter cover) I'm getting different readings in the two zones. Maybe something was loose or the reset recognized the remote sensor.

After also setting up my AGS for the first time on the Magnum power panel and understanding how this works, I believe that the second wire is likely a sensor that runs to the AGS unit for kicking off the generator based on temperature.

rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thermostat