Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2015, 09:20 PM   #1

Warranty approval? Help

We recently purchased a 2014 SR300 340KP and during PDI had some minor repairs noted for dealer. Dealer said all issues have been corrected except the slide motor has damaged slide rail due to improper installation and they are waiting on Forest River to approve repair. So after two weeks of constant contact with dealer they are telling me still waiting on Forest River for approval. So I emailed Forest River but have also not received any correspondence back from them as well. Since this not my first product from Forest River I have dealt with minor issues with camper in the past but never a motor home. I am wandering what else I can do if any thing to speed up this process? Please keep in mind this is a brand new unit never titled or used. After spending this much money and having to cancel 2 trips thus far with another coming up next weekend it is really starting to make me worry about customer service or lack there of. Any suggestions?
KP Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP Kidd View Post
We recently purchased a 2014 SR300 340KP and during PDI had some minor repairs noted for dealer. Dealer said all issues have been corrected except the slide motor has damaged slide rail due to improper installation and they are waiting on Forest River to approve repair. So after two weeks of constant contact with dealer they are telling me still waiting on Forest River for approval. So I emailed Forest River but have also not received any correspondence back from them as well. Since this not my first product from Forest River I have dealt with minor issues with camper in the past but never a motor home. I am wandering what else I can do if any thing to speed up this process? Please keep in mind this is a brand new unit never titled or used. After spending this much money and having to cancel 2 trips thus far with another coming up next weekend it is really starting to make me worry about customer service or lack there of. Any suggestions?
The person you need to get in contact with is Mitch Wirt. If you need his contact info send me a PM. He is outstanding and definitely goes above and beyond of what should be expected. I really can't say a bad thing about their customer service so far.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:47 PM   #3

Call them. They have a contact page and name for each line. Have vin number and can tell you what and when a claim has been made. Dealer is likely not called it in.

FR tips have a ref tracking system for each claim by vin. I was told they get 100 claims a week( maybe a day). They process and approve claims same day. Long ones take 30 minutes to get emails.

Do not buy the delay tactics. However they may not go to FR for all claims directly. Dealers are encouraged to go direct to vendors like domestic for stove or lippert for frames. The vendor will then seek recovery from FR and record.

UCC Article 2 is your legal guideline for rights.
Texas outdoors by way of a PA farmboy.
ChiefGreedyOfficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 07:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by psw757 View Post
The person you need to get in contact with is Mitch Wirt. If you need his contact info send me a PM. He is outstanding and definitely goes above and beyond of what should be expected. I really can't say a bad thing about their customer service so far.
I second that motion about Mitch. I just had a slide motor issue in my own driveway. Called Mitch, a motor was Fedexed overnight. Changed it myself and was on the way in 24 hrs. He is great to deal with, he called me a couple times to make sure we were doing OK with the fix.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Call Mitch..he is the head warranty guy at the factory..you will get squared away very fast.
" On the go to see something amazing"
- Psalm 107:23-24
lrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #6

I agree. Mitch has been very helpful.
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:26 PM   #7

Finally solved the problem, after talking with Mitch, dealer, and LCI got it approved for repair. Mitch was really nice guy and pointed me in what he believed was the right direction, however after a little digging with LCI it was not there responsibility. The factory had made an error during installation but have stepped up and agreed to repair the problem. Thanks to all for the help.
KP Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Finally solved the problem, after talking with Mitch, dealer, and LCI got it approved for repair. Mitch was really nice guy and pointed me in what he believed was the right direction, however after a little digging with LCI it was not there responsibility. The factory had made an error during installation but have stepped up and agreed to repair the problem. Thanks to all for the help.
Glad you got it handled. Again hurray for Mitch, glad you got it resolved. I would love to hear more about the problem and what the fix is just for my own curiosity and info.
Old 05-22-2015, 10:31 PM   #9

Thanks great to hear that Mitch was so responsive. Since the dealer I purchased from is 6 hours away and quite frankly didn't know the unit very well, maybe since it is a brand new model 2015 Georgetown 364TS, anyway I went directly to Forest River for my questions and they have answered each and every one, even gave me a list of the three closest dealers to my area, but I haven't used them yet for anything, not sure how accommodating they will be since I'm local and bought elsewhere, but will see in time I'm sure. Anyway Kevin Stratton is who I deal with at Forest River and he is very responsive to my questions. Good luck, travel on...

SternHappens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty