Old 07-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #11
Good luck man, glad I could help!

Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:22 PM   #12
Sounds like you Only run the water Pump and have Never used (City Water)? And you are afraid to run the Pump very long because of (Water and Spewing Sound coming from behind the Refer! FORGET the water pump and just hook up (LOW Air Pressure) to your City Water Inlet,(20-30PSI) and let it run while you (Trace the Leak)! No water but plenty of SOUND! Youroo!!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:10 PM   #13
Our berk 34qs leaked at the connection to the ice maker. Had to pull the refrigerator to get at. It also leaked at a second connection under the kitchen sink. Our ice maker shut off was under the bath sink. Both the bath and kitchen sink drains also leaked. The flush valve also leaked. Easier to fix myself than driving it to dealer. Dealer not much for testing before delivery.
uralman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:30 PM   #14
Okay, good news is we found what the problem was, but there is a lot of bad news. The valve switch in the half bath was defective and not working. Replaced with new valve. Pulled out refrigerator and it seems that the refrigerator was somehow put on top of the plastic waterline hose. So, evidently it has been leaking for some time but it finally burst when we heard the "spewing noise". The weight of the refrigerator finally cut through the plastic water line tubing. Cut off that piece and reattached with fitting. Bad news is that the floor under the tile has been wet for some time, it just never seeped through until the spewing/gushing started. Floor between refrigerator and 1/2 bath is soft. Moisture meter reading was at about 38% in that area and went to about 18% on each side of the refrigerator (couch and bedroom). We are going on vacation in a few days then we will have to work on floor issue when we return. We purchased the RV new 4 months ago, so hopefully warranty will take care of floor issue.

I don't know if any of you have pulled out your refrigerator, but on the back was a certificate of conformity. The certificate is based on the consumer protection safety improvement act - 2008, but then it says "The certification is based on testing conducted by Whirlpool as follows; Date of Manufacture: See carton label; Date of Test 8-17-07; Location of Test: Benton Harbor, MI". Question - how can the test be performed prior to the adoption of the act? Maybe I am missing something here?
deeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:36 PM   #15
Glad you found your problem. Stinks that you have other issues now. As far as the certificate on the fridge, I am curious as to how/why a fridge tested in 2007 is in a 2015 camper. I must be misunderstanding something.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
2016 Flagstaff 23LB
howie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:57 PM   #16
It could be any of the water connections. We had one of the hand-tighten type fittings start leaking after our first trip.
pjnlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:13 PM   #17
7 Year Class A RV'er
Water Problem

Just my guess on the testing question, but that certification would only indicate that the standard subsystem was tested and showed conformance. Testing could have been done before the conformance factors were established and they're just saying their original test indicated compliance with the later requirements. Hope that makes sense.

One other question. In caseI ever need to get behind my fridge, how did you get it out to do the repair?

2015 Legacy SR340 360RB
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 09:23 AM   #18
We had a mobile mechanic do the work since it is a brand new unit - I wanted someone with experience working on it. There are brackets at the bottom that hold the refrigerator. There may have been a few others around the side (I stepped away when mechanic was moving it). The refrigerator is on rollers.

deeal is offline   Reply With Quote