Old 07-29-2015, 07:47 AM   #1

Water Problem

We have had the rv for about 3 months and have been trying to get familiar with it (2015 Legacy 360 RB) and just ran into a problem.

Water on floor, possibly coming from whirlpool ice maker connection. I can hear a "spewing" sound when water pump is turned on. When I turn off water pump, it is good. Bad news is we cannot get service appointment within 60 mile radius until at least 3 weeks out. Called Coach Net and will not cover trip mileage nor service fee of mobile mechanic because rv can be driven. Called FR and they said they would cover repair, but not service fee/trip charge. We are scheduled to leave for vacation this weekend.

Question - I have checked the rv for an ice maker water shutoff valve (under bath sinks, kitchen sink, walls next to refrigerator and floor under dinette) and cannot find a valve. FR rep said it was under 1/2 bath sink. Looked there and there is a valve, but don't think it belongs to ice maker. Does anyone have any experience concerning this?

I guess alternatively, I can pull refrigerator out and check water line and either fix it or disconnect it with a shutoff valve until it can be repaired at service center. Hopefully it can be an easy fix and we can enjoy our vacation.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:57 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

You could trying closing the valve and see what happens. Or is there panels that are screwed in that you can remove to access the plumbing. Could be a loose connection that needs tightening.

2015 129 nites
2016 63 nites
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:03 AM   #3

deal,same results on (City Supply)? or just Pump? Youroo!!
Old 07-29-2015, 08:58 AM   #4

Turned off valve, then turned on water pump, still heard spewing sound. I have not tried city supply, but will try that.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:19 AM   #5

My 3051S has a water heater under the frig also and has several water fittings in/ and around heater and frig.

Frank
KM4FVI
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:57 AM   #6

The ice maker shut off valve is under the sink in the half bath. There is a water line connection for the ice maker in the storage compartment under the dinette seat, however that would not appear to be the source as you still hear the leak with the ice maker valve closed. Where is the water appearing on the floor? Could it be the washing machine connections?
Old 07-29-2015, 11:39 AM   #7

Well, let me say that I "think" I turned off the ice maker shut off valve under the sink. When I turned the valve, it did not seem to either tighten or loosen and the line appeared to be larger than a normal water line hose. The water is appearing on the floor of the refrigerator side, basically around the refrigerator. The carpet below the refrigerator was wet, as well as the floor. Now I am concerned that it could have been leaking for some time under the linoleum and the floor could be damaged. Each time we turn the water pump on, we hear a "spewing" sound coming from the back of the refrigerator. I am afraid to keep the pump on for any length of time because of additional water damage.
Old 07-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #8

Have you opened up access panel above dinette seat and looked for water?
Old 07-29-2015, 12:44 PM   #9

You may be experiencing issues due to the pump and not the fittings or valves...
Old 07-29-2015, 12:47 PM   #10

yes, I opened access panel above dinette seat, but it was after floor dried. That is another option is to turn on water pump and look to see if water is leaking. Gosh, have not thought of that until you mentioned it. I am away from home, but will try that tonight.

Tags
water