Old 12-03-2015, 11:37 AM   #1

water runoff

Hey everyone. I just purchased a 2015 Legacy 360rb. I noticed that the roof rail does not have a gutter system and the water drains off right over the front side windows. Does anyone know of a company that makes aftermarket drains that I can attach the front corners of the roof? Just trying to get the water off the windows and front compartments.

Thanks Scott

Old 12-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #2
7 Year Class A RV'er

I checked with the dealer and they said there wasn't anyone they knew of who made those devices. There are some out there, but they don't work on the Legacy. I did manage to finally get the issue fixed, though. I level our unit in the driveway and keep it plugged up and running, so the condensate was running off. With the slope of the drive, it was slightly less than level (and I do mean slightly). After leveling last time, I did a manual adjustment (while watching the bubble level app on my iPhone, laid on the floor next to the driver seat). When I got it a tiny bit closer to level by dropping the rear end down, it started using the condensate drain lines instead of running over the roof. Seems there is a small lip around the AC unit that contains the water to go to the drain, so you have to be really close to level.

As for the compartments, several folks have issues with them leaking, including me. Worst one seems to be front passenger. Haven't been able to get that issue solved yet.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:42 PM   #3

well I live in mass and trying to store for the winter. I really don't want to leave the jacks down for 4 months. My driveway has a little pitch also and the front is down a little bit. My national had drains that I kept clothes pins at the ends and the water would just run off those. I have never leveled any of my coaches when stored for the winter before. we were camping last weekend and it rained pretty good on sat and the water was pouring down the side window. just concerns me a bit the it will lead to a leak.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #4

Look At These

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPM View Post
Hey everyone. I just purchased a 2015 Legacy 360rb. I noticed that the roof rail does not have a gutter system and the water drains off right over the front side windows. Does anyone know of a company that makes aftermarket drains that I can attach the front corners of the roof? Just trying to get the water off the windows and front compartments.

Thanks Scott
Not sure if this will help you or not but I remembered seeing these in a Camping World Email I got the other day. Here is the link..........
EZE-RV Gutter System10' Package - Ultra-White - Essential Products U/W01004 - RV Gutter - Camping World
2012 Primetime Lacrosse 318 BHS
Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #5

I think the main driver is the water hits the ridge where the front cap meets the roof and is directed over the side. I have also looked for gutter extensions without success although I don't know how effective they or anything would be during a hard rain. I bought a roll of the EXE gutter (black color) in Sept but did not get to install it before putting the RV up for the winter. Will look at installing it next spring when the weather warms up. I am hoping it will keep most of the water off of the Windows and storage compartment. I had my front curbside compartment door and frame replaced by my dealer under warranty and the compartment was dry after the one rain we had.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:59 PM   #6

that's why I was thinking some kind of a molded plastic gutter that could be attached with urethane or something could deflect the water over the window.

Tags
water