Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2015, 12:23 PM   #21
nosaint3

Didn't know what they were for, but Trilogy gave me two of them. Have hydraulic slides and leveling system that stopped working(pump) but my drill bit fit fine.Thanks for the info.
nosaint3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:26 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaint3 View Post
Didn't know what they were for, but Trilogy gave me two of them. Have hydraulic slides and leveling system that stopped working(pump) but my drill bit fit fine.Thanks for the info.
Cool...
Old 04-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #23

Helpful video. My first guess was that a mechanic had left it in the RV!
Old 04-13-2015, 03:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dndnva View Post
They are Lippert Schwintek slides and they are both electric on the Legacy, not hydraulic. I just sold my 2013 Tiffin that had 4 slides (2 electric), and I didn't have this "tool" for when the slides failed....and they failed, a lot. I learned real quick about the hydraulic release for those 2 slides and the override control panel for each of the electric slides which is located on the sidewall of a basement bin....never knew I needed a tool and electric drill to manually retract/extend slides. I will watch videos to determine it's use and talk to Mitch at FR. Thanks everyone for the information on the mystery tool!
Then its likely for the hydraulic pump for the levelers.
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:50 AM   #25

Quote:
This was in one of the kitchen drawers but I cannot figure out what it is for. Did you all get it and if so what is it??
Thanks!
Now that we have every use from turning the margarita blender to manually raising the shades, any clue yet on what the real intended use for this tool is? My first day I thought sure someone had just inadvertently left one of their tools behind. Thinking of sending your picture to FR to get the real scoop.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Nope for the slide, please watch.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/H0ETwE3SrCM

I still think this is the best explanation. I realize you don't have those slide mechanisms, but you do have a hydraulic pump that it will fit for the levelers. When I was looking at a 360RB in person, the FR Diesel rep told me there was a tool in the RV that you attach to a drill to spin the motor in the event of a failure to retract the levelers or the hydraulic slide.
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #27

Quote:
They are Lippert Schwintek slides and they are both electric on the Legacy, not hydraulic. I just sold my 2013 Tiffin that had 4 slides (2 electric), and I didn't have this "tool" for when the slides failed....and they failed, a lot. I learned real quick about the hydraulic release for those 2 slides and the override control panel for each of the electric slides which is located on the sidewall of a basement bin....never knew I needed a tool and electric drill to manually retract/extend slides. I will watch videos to determine it's use and talk to Mitch at FR. Thanks everyone for the information on the mystery tool!
Any firm answers yet on the mystery tool?
Old 03-15-2017, 07:27 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnrick3 View Post
Now that we have every use from turning the margarita blender to manually raising the shades, any clue yet on what the real intended use for this tool is? My first day I thought sure someone had just inadvertently left one of their tools behind. Thinking of sending your picture to FR to get the real scoop.

Wait! It fits a blender? My wife will be very happy to hear this. Lol
Old 03-20-2017, 09:48 PM   #29

Think levelers, not slides.
billpherigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #30

That is a flexible shaft bit holder. Used in a drill to get a bit into tight or awkward places. Most likely left by mistake by a technician.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtlm17 View Post
That is a flexible shaft bit holder. Used in a drill to get a bit into tight or awkward places. Most likely left by mistake by a technician.
It is included with all FR and many other brands that have a 12V motor driving a hydraulic pump for any critical item like slides, and/or levelers. The motors have a 1/4" square in the end of the motor that can be driven by a drill motor in the event of a power or motor failure. Not accidental, it is on the factory shipping list.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:27 PM   #32

[quote name="sgtlm17" post=1450421]That is a flexible shaft bit holder. Used in a drill to get a bit into tight or awkward places. Most likely left by mistake by a technician.[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
It is included with all FR and many other brands that have a 12V motor driving a hydraulic pump for any critical item like slides, and/or levelers. The motors have a 1/4" square in the end of the motor that can be driven by a drill motor in the event of a power or motor failure. Not accidental, it is on the factory shipping list.

Good to know they include it. FR must know it's difficult to get to the 1/4" square at the motor.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote