Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #21

Just left our dealership in Temecula, Ca with a 19'. We camped that night and found out about the air conditioner the next day when it was pumping out luke-warm air. We called our dealer, and he said that Forest River has a fix now. Something about installing a 1/4" foil foam board between the back of the a/c unit and the wall. I should be able to call any Forest River dealer and take the trailer in for the fix under the warranty. It's a Sunday night, so I'll find out tomorrow if this is true and post the info here.
Old 06-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #22

Not sure how dealerships work in California but in Ohio the dealership would not touch it unless I paid for the repairs and left it up to me to get my money back. And they are a forest river dealer. Good luck.
pcmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:11 PM   #23

Another other thing to consider, the quality of your AC fix will depend 100% on your dealer's ability to custom manufacture HVAC ductwork. There isn't a part Shasta will ship them, all they have to go on is a picture cribbed from a customer who DIY'ed it early on. In my estimation, it's better to poke around here (and other web forums) and fix it yourself. It's not that hard and guaranteed you won't do worse than the guys/gals at the Shasta plant.
DouglasLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #24

BTW, your dealer surely knew about this AC issue. Why didn't they fix as part of dealer prep? Certainly a question I would ask.
DouglasLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:01 PM   #25

My AC heated my camper instead of cooled it
All my counter,cabinet, and drawers was HOT so hot it melted what of marshmallows and chocolate and the fridge also made the counter above hot... I had the fridge on electric
I even tried to use the top vent fan to help circulate air :/
kbjabat is offline   Reply With Quote