Old 05-19-2015, 05:21 PM   #11

I've seen this video and its existence puzzles me. Only thing I can figure Lucas is trying to show how "easy" the shackle fix is, even though there's no discernible difference in trailer height before and after.

In reality, we know it's NOT a proper fix and represents the least change, cost-wise, Shasta was willing to approve.

Folks, check your clearance. This is dangerous stuff.

BTW, OSHA, take notice.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #12

I had the shakle fix once we got home I looked and I have tire marks in well after my fix! measured with a card I have 2.5" between top of tire and well and 3/4" between back side wall of tire and frame of the camer on passenger side and 1/4-1/2" frame to side wall and 1 7/8"-1 15/16" from trie to well on drivers side... This is dry from factory no gear or water ...we filled tank an it got lower on driver side

Old 06-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #13

Hi,
What are the brand/part numbers of the springs and shackles you replaced. I'd like to do the same on mine.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:14 AM   #14

Hi DCS,
What manufacturer/part numbers did you use to complete the spring and shackle replacement? I want to do the same on mine.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:59 PM   #15

Buck - these were custom manufactured by John's Spring shop / Service out of Reno, Nevada. He has made and shipped enough of these by now that all you have to do is call him (775) 329-6159. He'll know exactly why you are calling and what you need - and yes, I put them on myself and they made all the difference in the world. I replaced both the shackles and shackle bolts while I was at it (got those at Tractor Supply - not Chinese, made in Georgia).
Old 06-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #16

Copy and Thanks DCS. I may give him a call. Hopefully shipping won't be too much.
Old 07-09-2015, 06:50 AM   #17

I suppose you've seen this...
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs...5V369-1177.pdf

Red Retro # 96
Ozark Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #18

window acs are not "road" rated so to speak. they were engineered to go down the road. maybe some extra dampening would be in favorable for you modders. I favor the better shackle bolts, but remember to back them off a little for free play. the leaf spring eye to eye should be 1" less than the eye to eye on the frame before link plates but Im sure you guys researched that...be sure to get the right weight rating on the spring.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:46 PM   #19

What are your weights? Is this happening within the gvwt? Just curious.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasLive View Post
I've seen this video and its existence puzzles me. Only thing I can figure Lucas is trying to show how "easy" the shackle fix is, even though there's no discernible difference in trailer height before and after.

In reality, we know it's NOT a proper fix and represents the least change, cost-wise, Shasta was willing to approve.

Folks, check your clearance. This is dangerous stuff.

BTW, OSHA, take notice.
OSHA only covers employees of businesses they do not cover the public nor the roadways........ Always makes me laugh when an auto shop has a sign saying customers not allowed beyond this point due to OSHA regs..... A pure false statement......

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
safety