Thanks for the info, I think I googled into your clues.
Congrats on your spring upgrade! That should work better than longer, spindly shackles or the application of liquid Teflon to the wheel wells, right??!!! Yes, a spring swap, while sounding kind of daunting, is only 6 bolts per side and the hard part is safely raising the camper for the work. I am going to measure the shackle length and see what Northern Tool or eTrailer.com have for replacement springs with a little more oomph (arch).
I spent too much time this weekend addressing things inside the air conditioner box. From the bottom up, no drain hose, no sealant on the screws fixing the drain pan, small exhaust fan, absolutely no insulation from the "hot" side to the "cold" side, huge holes for the hot air to go into the cabinetry and thus the "cool" part of the trailer.
A small weak piece of 1x3 furring strip to hold the AC in and I am pretty sure the unit itself wasn't tilted correctly in order to drain into the drain pan until I adjusted it. With said adjustment the temp knobs are hard to reach, but it will likely stay on MAX and just be switched on and off any way!
While the little unit was actually producing cold air, it basically circulated the heat back into the interior so the net was no change in temperature. Thus demonstrating the Second Law of Thermodynamics. Once again....
In the end after some amount of time and expense on these adjustments, I found that I missed preventing air from exchanging across the top of the AC unit--when the upper shelve bottom was put in I still have about 1 inch by 22 slot that is open.
I hope that plugging that opening with foam weatherstripping will actually allow the AC to cool the interior and not the entire Earth. I still have my doubts, and have eyeballed some 8000BTU units as another $240 donation to the camping gods in hopes my family can have a comfortable beach trip in late summer this year.
As far as the Coker Classic tires, I did check and on my axle they are rated at 1874lbs at 35PSI reading from the sidewall. That is good enough for me on what I have to assume is a 3500lb axle.
Although my label says 2448lb dry weight with a cargo limit of 1170lbs, which gives a GVWR of 3618lb, a very strange number...
Well, I am new to this RVing stuff!!
BTW, our unit build number is over 800...
Again, thank you for taking the time to provide useful information.