Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #21

Yes, do find a friendly RV park and ask for help. Offering food is a nice touch as well.

The Escapees Boot Camp is worth every penny and hour invested. We went here in Texas in 2012 before we got our TT and it helped us know more when we went looking. Now that we have a year of experience we are ready to go back with more questions.

The instructors are experts in their fields, i.e. tires, security, fire prevention, weight distribution, and much more. Plus they are genuinely kind, nice people who have heard all your questions before, won't think they're dumb, and will share happily. I have asked questions via email and I always get a prompt and helpful reply.

You meet a great cross-section of people from all walks of life and classes of RVs. There were singles and couples in our group. One lady flew into Houston from Tacoma to attend. Depending on how the schedule is arranged it's two very full days, but the return on investment is well worth it. (An Escapees membership is also a great value. The magazine is outstanding and there's much more. We're really impressed with the Escapees CARE Center for those who need assistance in living independently after they are no longer able to travel.)
Ray and Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #22

http://www.tnttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=56237

Found this by doing a google search and this guy's trailer looks like yours. His is a Holiday Rambler. Check it out.
K5bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #23

WOW you are a better googler than I Gunga Din....perfect I didn't find this by googling. Thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5bryan View Post
Teardrops n Tiny Travel Trailers • View topic - '77 Holiday Rambler Wide World - here we go!

Found this by doing a google search and this guy's trailer looks like yours. His is a Holiday Rambler. Check it out.
ladyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #24

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy the new trailer!
K5bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #25
Old Enough to Know Better

As said earlier the owners manual for most trailers is useless and very generic. I found manuals/parts lists for all of my appliances by searching the model number and manufactures name and if that didn't work I called them.

Welcome and Good Luck
gasman6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:51 PM   #26

this is what I got in response emailing holiday rambler after they told me it was not a holiday rambler.: Yes, it does say Holiday Rambler on the ID tag. Unfortunately I have very little information from prior to Monaco purchasing HR in 1996 and almost all of what I do have is for the motorized product. For the most part this kind of information would have been hard copy stored at the original HR factory in Indiana. When Monaco Coach Corp. went bankrupt and was liquidated in 2009 Navistar bought most of the core assets of Monaco out of the liquidation. They did not however buy the original HR factory. I do not know who did nor what they did with any literature on site. I wish I had a better answer, but at this point it looks like you know more about the vehicle than I do.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #27

Well that's a bummer. You might search for vintage or antique RV owners forums or see if the RV/MH Hall of Fame Museum can help provide info.

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Forest River Forums mobile app

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 08:31 AM   #28

help

okay guys I'm don't have a clue about these rv campers especially this 1977 holiday.

1) When the water is connected to the camper, where does everything go? I read there are two tanks, one for gray water and the other for black water, but looking underneath the camper I don't see anything.

2) on the bumper of the camper is what appears to be an outlet with a curved connection. Does a hose go there?

3) where does the poop go and where do I have access to where ever it goes?

4) The man I got it from says I can let the gray water out to the lawn, which is okay here, but where does it come from LOL

I know this sounds dumb but I looked underneath and don't see anything like tanks.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:35 AM   #29

Look inside under the bench seats and the beds.

Also look for access panels inside, those may have 2 to 4 exposed screws to remove.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #30

Thanks... but what is the pvc looking tube coming from the bumper? Is that the gray water like from the shower?

if tanks are under bench seats, etc how on earth do you lift it? Wouldn't it be heavy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Look inside under the bench seats and the beds.

Also look for access panels inside, those may have 2 to 4 exposed screws to remove.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:00 AM   #31

Pictures sure would help.

And just my opinion... But you probably don't want to drain your gray tank into your yard.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:02 AM   #32

There are pictures at the beginning of this thread. Isn't gray water from the shower and black water from toilet? If I have that right, gray water is excellent for the yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Pictures sure would help.

And just my opinion... But you probably don't want to drain your gray tank into your yard.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:07 AM   #33

the connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyharley View Post
There are pictures at the beginning of this thread. Isn't gray water from the shower and black water from toilet? If I have that right, gray water is excellent for the yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2242.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	47403  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #34

Quote:
Thanks... but what is the pvc looking tube coming from the bumper? Is that the gray water like from the shower?

if tanks are under bench seats, etc how on earth do you lift it? Wouldn't it be heavy?
Do you have a tighter IMG of the PVC?

Take off the bottom cushions and see if the plywood will lift up, it may have a finger hole.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #35

bottom cushions from table seats or bed or where? here is more pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Do you have a tighter IMG of the PVC?

Take off the bottom cushions and see if the plywood will lift up, it may have a finger hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2243.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	47407   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2244.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	47408   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2245.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	47409  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #36

Quote:
Yes just pull all of them up.

Does the pipe pull out or is there a pipe tied into it from the trailer?

My guess is someone made a drain pipe to get away from the cheap blue stinky slinky
Old 03-09-2014, 09:37 AM   #37

it seems to go all the way in the metal bumper. I don't think it pulls out looks like those things on the size or to attach something? What is it for?

Quote:
Old 03-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #38
Site Team

I think 15 minutes with a friend or neighbor that has a camper will answer most of your questions. So much is list here with confusing terminology.
That "PVC" looking thing in the bumper is the drain for both black and gray tanks. It only stores in the bumper. Pull it completely out and find the corresponding pipe under you bathroom area. You'll see how the ends connect. There will be some type of handle to pull or turn that releases the black/gray tank contents into the tube and it drains out the other end.
Go to a nearby cg and meet the folks working there. They can tell you lots more.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:46 AM   #39

When I first started learning about RVs, I was slightly embarrassed to go to the bookstore and buy a copy of RV for Dummies and/or Complete Idiots Guide to RVs. I had no idea they had RV boot camp classes and likely couldn't have afforded to go take one anyway.

Turns out it was one of the smartest things I did. I was completely clueless about most things RV and this REALLY helped give me the jump start I needed to know what I was dealing with.

Good luck with your new project!
Mtelkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #40

Thanks. I live in New Mexico and there isn't much here. There is an RV place but can't tow this thing in town. I don't know what a cg is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
I think 15 minutes with a friend or neighbor that has a camper will answer most of your questions. So much is list here with confusing terminology.
That "PVC" looking thing in the bumper is the drain for both black and gray tanks. It only stores in the bumper. Pull it completely out and find the corresponding pipe under you bathroom area. You'll see how the ends connect. There will be some type of handle to pull or turn that releases the black/gray tank contents into the tube and it drains out the other end.
Go to a nearby cg and meet the folks working there. They can tell you lots more.

Sent from my XT907 using Forest River Forums mobile app

Tags
camping, trailer