Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
wouldn't that be on the title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Can you find the VIN number on the trailer's tongue anywhere?
__________________

__________________
ladyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #12
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyharley View Post
wouldn't that be on the title?
Yep, you're right. It would be.
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
okay I'm not being a smarty pants here or to offend anyone LOL I used to work for a body shop and my boss used to cringe when I said "what is the VIN number"? that's like saying what is the vehicle identification number number LOL Just funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Can you find the VIN number on the trailer's tongue anywhere?
__________________
ladyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:23 PM   #14
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,800
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyharley View Post
okay I'm not being a smarty pants here or to offend anyone LOL I used to work for a body shop and my boss used to cringe when I said "what is the VIN number"? that's like saying what is the vehicle identification number number LOL Just funny.
One, you're totally being a smarty pants.

Two, you'll fit right in with the rest of us loons.

And three, I cringe with a few others like "ATM machine".
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
LOL too funny


Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
One, you're totally being a smarty pants.

Two, you'll fit right in with the rest of us loons.

And three, I cringe with a few others like "ATM machine".
__________________
ladyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:19 AM   #16
Engineer of Crazy Train
 
ChooChooMan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tiverton, RI
Posts: 1,559
Those are examples of RAS Syndrome. Known as Redundant Acronym Syndrome Syndrome. Google it.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Forest River Forums mobile app
__________________
TV - 2015 Ram Truck EcoDiesel
TV - 2006 Jeep Liberty Turbo Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
TT - 2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Locomotive Engineer
Nights Camping --- 2015 - 19 Camped | Winterized -- 2014 -18
Come read my Camping Blogs
ChooChooMan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:34 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Oakman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 5,201
I'm not going to be much help but I can tell you the Wide World brand travel trailers were manufactured by Holiday Rambler. 1978 was the last year of production for that line of trailers. Since Holiday Rambler is still manufacturing RVs perhaps you can contact them to see if they have any info on your trailer. Another possible source of info might be the RV/MH Hall of Fame museum and library.
__________________


Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:01 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyharley View Post
I just purchased a 1977 camping trailer. There was no owners manual. The outside of the camper says "Worldwide". Is that the name of the camper and where would I find out what brand it is. There are things that I don't know what they are and how to use them.

Thanks for your help.
Forget about a (Owners Manual) they really Don't exist! I see your in NM. try to find a (Friendly RV park,where there are some fulltimers or seasoned campers. They can & will show & help you MORE than any Dealer. Escapees RV Club even has a (Boot Camp for beginners) but it cost$ Welcome to the RV world. Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
what great help thank you! I will contact them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I'm not going to be much help but I can tell you the Wide World brand travel trailers were manufactured by Holiday Rambler. 1978 was the last year of production for that line of trailers. Since Holiday Rambler is still manufacturing RVs perhaps you can contact them to see if they have any info on your trailer. Another possible source of info might be the RV/MH Hall of Fame museum and library.
__________________
ladyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:22 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
PhoneDude 8289's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,089
Even the owners manual for new units are very general and not much help with the basics especially to a newbe. Like Youroo said find an rv park and ask someone, most would be happy to help I know I would.
__________________

__________________
Joe & Beverly
2014 Ram CTD, CC, SB
2014 8289WS lifted
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camping, trailer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.