Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #41
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
Thanks good idea. I figured they are all different and configured differently. :-)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtelkman View Post
When I first started learning about RVs, I was slightly embarrassed to go to the bookstore and buy a copy of RV for Dummies and/or Complete Idiots Guide to RVs. I had no idea they had RV boot camp classes and likely couldn't have afforded to go take one anyway.

Turns out it was one of the smartest things I did. I was completely clueless about most things RV and this REALLY helped give me the jump start I needed to know what I was dealing with.

Good luck with your new project!
__________________

__________________
ladyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #42
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
HOLY COW.... I pulled that pvc thing out and it has a blue hose attached like a washing machine has, but nothing attached to the blue hose, just pulled out????????????
__________________

__________________
ladyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyharley View Post
Thanks. I live in New Mexico and there isn't much here. There is an RV place but can't tow this thing in town. I don't know what a cg is.
Camp Ground.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,737
The pics in post #35 are the sewer hose (stinky slinky) that you would connect to the trailer and run to the camp sites sewer opening or dump station. If I'm looking correctly, it's being stored inside the trailers bumper.

You need to find the PVC type pipe that this hose hooks up to. It should be UNDER the trailer somewhere (should be on the drivers side, and usually at the rear), and it should have a cap that comes off when you turn it 90 degrees. Then you can follow this piping back to the tanks. As you go backwards from the cap, you should find some kind of "Tee." One direction from the "Tee" will go to the black water (poop) tank and the other will go to the gray water tank (the tanks themselves could be any color; black and grey refers to what you're putting in them). There should be a square kind of fitting on each line just after the "Tee" that has a handle on it. This is the shutoff valve.

Here's an "RV University" website with a video that may help you: http://www.rvuniversity.com/staticpa....php/htanks101
__________________
1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2009) - outlasted 3 Dodge Grand Caravans!
2012 Roo19 - hybrid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #45
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
Thank YOU! Now I have some guidance :-) now that was simple. Here is a pic I think this is what I connect the white pvc to... so both grey water AND black water come through this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
The pics in post #35 are the sewer hose (stinky slinky) that you would connect to the trailer and run to the camp sites sewer opening or dump station. If I'm looking correctly, it's being stored inside the trailers bumper.

You need to find the PVC type pipe that this hose hooks up to. It should be UNDER the trailer somewhere (should be on the drivers side, and usually at the rear), and it should have a cap that comes off when you turn it 90 degrees. Then you can follow this piping back to the tanks. As you go backwards from the cap, you should find some kind of "Tee." One direction from the "Tee" will go to the black water (poop) tank and the other will go to the gray water tank (the tanks themselves could be any color; black and grey refers to what you're putting in them). There should be a square kind of fitting on each line just after the "Tee" that has a handle on it. This is the shutoff valve.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2246.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	47412  
__________________
ladyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
KDHfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 964
Yep...that's where the piece that's in your bumper connects and then you drain your black tank, then the gray. If you follow that pipe back you should see where the gray and black lines connect into it. Somewhere along that line there should be a mechanism to open one line while the other remains closed. Switch it to drain the other... Then close them both up. On some campers, the black and gray discharges do not join and are separate. In that case you drain one, pull your line and hook it up to the other.
__________________
2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #47
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
awww cool !!! the mechanism is under the camper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
Yep...that's where the piece that's in your bumper connects and then you drain your black tank, then the gray. If you follow that pipe back you should see where the gray and black lines connect into it. Somewhere along that line there should be a mechanism to open one line while the other remains closed. Switch it to drain the other... Then close them both up. On some campers, the black and gray discharges do not join and are separate. In that case you drain one, pull your line and hook it up to the other.
__________________
ladyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #48
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
Okay I found two levers that I can turn to the left. I guess that is to open. I'm trying to figure which one turns off what. It seems that one on the drain goes towards the back of the camper (looks like a container I guess to store water?) so the front lever must be to toilet but it looks too small??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2247.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	47419   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2248.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	47420   Click image for larger version

Name:	101_2250.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	47421  
__________________
ladyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Unsure about then but now the larger of the pipe is black water and the small one is gray.

Is there more than one pipe behind the valve you have and are they different sizes?
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:46 PM   #50
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 27
okay so the toilet and/or bath goes into the container in the back under the camper and the lever on the big pipe to the right of the drain is the black water -toilet shower. The one on the frame goes back to metal small lines which I guess is the faucet water in the kitchen and bath?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Unsure about then but now the larger of the pipe is black water and the small one is gray.

Is there more than one pipe behind the valve you have and are they different sizes?
__________________

__________________
ladyharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camping, trailer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.