Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2015, 02:03 PM   #1

Holes in bottom of Airflyte

So, like many others I have found many exposed holes, wood, you name it under our new camper. We are extremely disappointed with our new camper. We found this one hole, under near the battery compartment, it looks like a hole that was cut by mistake, then covered with the bottom of I'm guessing the battery tray? Should I just goop black expanding foam over this?

Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2305.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	77816   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2306.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	77817  
Redbetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:23 PM   #2

Vents / drain ??

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:32 PM   #3

Our Puma has a hole also under the battery tray. I would say it is supposed to be there do not cover it. Maybe someone has more info.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:26 PM   #4

Yea i discovered that when i pulled the batt box out to relocate it to under the closet it is a vent into the batt box i wouldint cover it its suppose to vent batt gasses out the top has a hose going out and to that vent on the back right of the trailer because the batt box is sealed i would would be more concerned with checking all the holes the plumbing and wiring enter the floor from underneath ours had a lot of holes that werent sealed and the wheel wells that has gaps and exposed wood and around the sewer pipe that isint sealed also look at the rear bottom wall that hangs down past the subframe ours was exposed wood there is alot of places needing sealed up uggg along with the ac box poor job they just threw it in there and it will not work right unless you modify and seal up that compartment there are several post on here on how to do that i just finished redoing my ac compartment today i hate to tell you which you are prob finding out this trailer was put together half you know what very sloppy work all the way around i have a list a mile long of modifacations and fixes to be done along with 1941 other unsuspecting customers good luck
thenugerocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 02:07 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
I have a vent with a hose from the battery box cover to a vent bracket mounted to the side of the 5er. I also have a similar hole like noted above under the battery box extending to a hole in the floor and is there to drain any battery water spillage. Don't cover it up.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Lloydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:08 PM   #6

Hey Redbetty heres where i moved it to i sent you a pm dont know if you got it im still figuiring out the whole smart phone thing so back to the desktop like i said you have to put a new hole in the floor for the bottom vent make sure where you put it is not where the frame is use a 2" hole saw re use that peice of floor you took out with hole saw to glue back into the old hole in the floor i cut off the old vent in the bottom of box and made a new one in the corner of the batt box that is going to be facing the bathroom and glued in a new 2" vent flange so it cleared the back of the cross support main frame which is right there as well as the main frame i also drilled a new hole and relocated the white ground wire to frame so batt box dont sit on it hope all this helps .Oh BTW all the saw dust was from the original hole they put in floor and never cleaned up mess err
thenugerocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:10 PM   #7

test

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Image.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	78371   Click image for larger version

Name:	New Image2.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	203.2 KB