Old 06-17-2015, 09:18 AM   #1

Informative video

Can't understand why there's problems with leaks. At about one minute into the video Mark mentions the thousands of gallons of water from the top, sides and bottom to check for leaks. I'm not a rocket scientist but with the huge holes I've seen in the bottom, and gaps elsewhere, how could this thing not have leaked.....
Attached Files

Old 06-18-2015, 11:54 PM   #2

Informative video

We've long since decided he's talking about one unit that was tested, probably the prototype. No way they tested all 1941.

Old 06-24-2015, 10:31 AM   #3

if they only tested the prototype it had a one piece roof where the ones sold has seams
Old 06-24-2015, 12:10 PM   #4

Try this on your seams. It's clear, and have had good luck with it.
LeakSeal® Product Page
It comes in colors also. I've used it on the underbelly of my 5er .. It stays flexible.
You can get it at most hardware or home improvement store.
I'd try it somewhere inconspicuous first to see if your happy with the look...
The seamed roof was the industry standard for many years, and yep! It was called one piece, because it comes from the metal supplier in a roll as one piece...

As a kid working in my dads mobile home factory, I've put a many gallon of cool- seal on roof seams for leaks. The seams stretch after Traveling down the roads from twisting...
So maybe or not this may provide you some relief if you plan to keep n use, if not there still folks buying them....
I understand what I bought, cheaper than fixin up an original, folks new to RVn probably got a shock.. All of them fall apart, or break ,or leak... It just cost less to fix the little ones... And kinda fun too!! RV'n since 58'...

Red Retro # 96
Ozark Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 09:15 PM   #5

$19K conversation piece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark Guy View Post
Try this on your seams. It's clear, and have had good luck with it.
LeakSeal® Product Page
It comes in colors also. I've used it on the underbelly of my 5er .. It stays flexible.
You can get it at most hardware or home improvement store.
I'd try it somewhere inconspicuous first to see if your happy with the look...
The seamed roof was the industry standard for many years, and yep! It was called one piece, because it comes from the metal supplier in a roll as one piece...

As a kid working in my dads mobile home factory, I've put a many gallon of cool- seal on roof seams for leaks. The seams stretch after Traveling down the roads from twisting...
So maybe or not this may provide you some relief if you plan to keep n use, if not there still folks buying them....
I understand what I bought, cheaper than fixin up an original, folks new to RVn probably got a shock.. All of them fall apart, or break ,or leak... It just cost less to fix the little ones... And kinda fun too!! RV'n since 58'...
I don't Know Man. This things only two months old and I've been working on it all the way to Alaska(not recommended). This is the worst workmanship and quality control I have ever seen. I worked construction for 35 years and would be sent to the house if we turned out this kind of product. It's amazing what they are getting away with in the RV industry. Dirty Shame.