Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2015, 07:45 AM   #21

AC exhaust fan update:

Shasta chose to do away with the thermostatically controlled AC exhaust fan for the second run of Airflytes, installing instead a manual control switch to turn the fan on when running the AC, off when not. No reason for the change was given, but I think we know why.

For those with trailers built in the first run, Shasta won't cover the cost of adding a manual switch under warranty. So, if the noise from a constantly running fan bothers you (and it will), pay for it out of pocket.
DouglasLive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:11 PM   #22

Just picked up my 19ft Butternut

Just hauled it back from the dealer and plan to go over it this weekend.

Just a note that I saw the roof fan when it first arrived and had the dealer replace it with a more robust unit. I think it is one made by Fantastic. The one from the factory looked and operated really cheaply and I thought it would give me trouble down the road. Hope it was not wasted money

Cheers,

Regalrow
19ft Butternut Yellow
Tow Vehicle- Touareg Diesel
regalrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:42 PM   #23

Different fan, Reg.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdami View Post
Hi. Glad to finally have found a post specific to the 61 Shasta re-issue
So excited to have our new camper but already having problems which delayed us from our first trip. Hail from CA purchased from Terry Town, MI. Trailer towed not on flat bed truck. Never able to get a formal inspection of the ins and out upon purchase. Upon delivery special light bulb for Edison style light broken. Took over 3 months to get one shipped. Major problem with lights not turning on and battery kept dying. Tried calling various RV dealers local to my location but none would touch warranty work. Called Shasta company and was given 3 locations, closest one 180 miles away. Took it to them (had appt) and they almost refused work as they did not sell this model and we did not buy the TT from them. They figured out that the lights did not work because the fuse connectors were loose in the converter box and unbenounced to us we were disconnecting the break away cable when we parked the trailer (we were never told not to) and it was draining the battery. We will be adding a battery disconnect switch which should help.While trailer was being worked on read about the problem with the bed and shower. RV shop said our bathroom was fine and they did not want to open up window to seal it because they thought they would make the problem worse, they never touched the bed. My husband added wood after seeing the picture (thanks!) and we added to jacks under the table for added support. Can't wait to get away

Wow see these all over the internet, but have not seen anyone buying them, are they expensive? I see they are fairly small just how much do these things go for?
Old 04-10-2015, 02:15 PM   #25

I've seen one on the highway, none in a campground though.
Too bad, I'd love to get a closer look.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:27 AM   #26

A closer look ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad View Post
I've seen one on the highway, none in a campground though.
Too bad, I'd love to get a closer look.
I pre-ordered my 19' 8 months ago and can now say I am a proud owner I know what you mean by wanting to get a 'closer look'. I visited 4 diffrent dealerships in my area to talk to different managers and salesmen. I also wanted to see several different trailers so I could form my own opinions about them instead of relying on rumors. I must have researched over 15 trailers in person. After my 8 month wait and research time I can honestly say these trailers are built solid and the dealerships I visited are helpful to share information regarding any 'issues' such as the Hehr window adhesive that lacked enough strength during the first production run. The 'look' of the Reissue is almost a mirror image of the original 1961 model. I have heard many people say they can not tell that it is a 2015 becasue of it's 'look' of course those of us who know our Shasta history can quickly see the new Z stripe, new placment of vents, and a few changes in the windows, among a few other minor differences. The 'look' is what makes this reissue stand out from any other re make, retro, refurbished or remodeled Vintage trailer.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:23 AM   #27

Too bad the build quality is so haphazard and inconsistent.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:41 AM   #28

I love my reissue and I know so many people who do as well. I sure am sorry you have not had the best experience, it would be to bad if folks felt like the trailer build in general was "haphazard" as stated by your experiance. I am sure that by working with your dealership you could also be a proud owner. Good luck!
Old 04-19-2015, 08:23 PM   #29

I can understand dealers attempting to fix items that were included in the Shasta Airflyte specifications that just don't work as advertised - the A/C unit's poor performance, Emergency windows falling out, wheel wells not being sealed (And the latest identified problem of some of them getting blown out due to very low clearance) warped cabinet doors, etc etc etc. These and more have been all too common on Units 1 thru 500+ and not as isolated as Shasta may want us to believe.

But what about one of the most important items in the Airflyte specifications that wasn't delivered in the first place? The one piece rolled edge roof, our positive assurance against leaks? Can we expect the dealer to replace our 5 panel 4 seam roof with a one piece roof?
DCSconnect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:07 PM   #30

I, along with many others, bought a 16' reissue solely based on a video......one that stated it would sleep 3-4 people; antenna built-in to the roof; one piece roof; etc. Very disappointed - went the vintage route before buying the 2015 - didn't want to worry about leaks, falling apart going down the road and something that had air conditioning and a bathroom so I went with a new one and having to worry about the same probs.......
Hope Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:12 AM   #31

Is there an Antenna in the Roof?

It's conflicting information ?
Does anyone know?
I purchased a 19' Airflyte so far the only issue is the air-conditioning & it's now a big problem as the temps are rising & the humidity is HIGH here in Ontario!
I spoke with Shasta & they have a fix? We'll see...I took off the decorative piece which is pretty for pictures - but doesn't have the filter in front...so replaced with the plastic piece that was found in the storage compartment ! Still a work in progress....
Will have the clearance checked on Wheel Wells before going anywhere !
So anyone know about the Antenna ?
Cheers
ShastaLarry aka BigBird
LuckyMags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 10:12 AM   #32

The radio antenna, or the cable hookup?
pcmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, newbie, shasta