Old 06-26-2015, 06:14 PM   #31

Ooops Briorick - think I'd call that Petticoat Junction! (Sorry - I know I just gave you an earworm if you're anywhere near my age!)

Old 07-31-2015, 09:53 PM   #32

Also beware that the Coker Classic tires are NOT trailer service tires...they are only passenger tires with weak sidewalls causing the sidewall rub. We just ordered two new Maxxis 8 plys in 205/75-15. My dealer sent pics to FR Shasta and they had the nerve to refer us to that FB page who won't allow you to post anything negative on the page. We are done with this company. Already installed new 4800 lb springs along with the extended shackles which made a big difference almost 3-4" of travel to the top of the wheel well rather than the 1-1/2".

Old 07-31-2015, 10:34 PM   #33

I have 2.5" on passenger side and a little less than 2" after my shakle kit I was hoping to get a bit more lift but at least I can put my fingers between tires and wheel well
But the side walls of my tire still seem way to close!! Maybe 1/4-1/2"
Old 08-01-2015, 10:50 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbjabat View Post
I have 2.5" on passenger side and a little less than 2" after my shakle kit I was hoping to get a bit more lift but at least I can put my fingers between tires and wheel well
But the side walls of my tire still seem way to close!! Maybe 1/4-1/2"
Our 19'er leans toward the front driver side as well...keep in mind they placed the water tank, A/C unit, furnace, and hot water heater all forward of the axle so we think that's causing the lean.
Old 08-04-2015, 07:59 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAmerican View Post
Also beware that the Coker Classic tires are NOT trailer service tires...they are only passenger tires with weak sidewalls causing the sidewall rub. We just ordered two new Maxxis 8 plys in 205/75-15. My dealer sent pics to FR Shasta and they had the nerve to refer us to that FB page who won't allow you to post anything negative on the page. We are done with this company. Already installed new 4800 lb springs along with the extended shackles which made a big difference almost 3-4" of travel to the top of the wheel well rather than the 1-1/2".
I tried to order the MAXXIS 8 Ply tires in Canada but the Goodyear dealer states that they are not Goodyear tires... Can someone get me a stock code number or part number for these as they are higher in rating that the Marathon i had to settle for.
looking for the 225 75 R15
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:53 AM   #36

Maxxis are not Goodyear tires try the Maxxis web site also has a dealer locater

Good Luck !!!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:15 AM   #37

Choice 1 or Choice 2
i trust these can be ordered on line from a distributor?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	****.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	84903   Click image for larger version

Name:	closer.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	84904  
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:28 PM   #38

Man what a crappy place. Sorry for your troubles.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:11 PM   #39

Inspection checklist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopBeavers View Post
So I spent many hours ahead of time creating a checklist by merging 3 checklists that I found online.
Would you be willing to share your list? My 19' Shasta Airflyte ReIssue is being prepped at the dealer now. However, he is not a full service RV dealer and I'm somewhat concerned. My trailer is a 2016, supposedly one of the last 300 built with a number of improvements/fixes. It remains to be seen. The horror stories here are making me nervous. I guess I should have checked yesterday before writing a check on a whim.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDinTN View Post
Would you be willing to share your list? My 19' Shasta Airflyte ReIssue is being prepped at the dealer now. However, he is not a full service RV dealer and I'm somewhat concerned. My trailer is a 2016, supposedly one of the last 300 built with a number of improvements/fixes. It remains to be seen. The horror stories here are making me nervous. I guess I should have checked yesterday before writing a check on a whim.
The late S/Ns have most of the fixes and folks are not having many issues. If you live in a warm place you might want to upgrade the AC .. I just upgraded mine to the 8050 GE .. You can hang meat in it now... The factory did a upgrade on the spring fwd mount on the later ones.. You can tell by looking at the front spring attachment. If you see a 1" square tube between the frame and the spring mount .. Then that's the upgrade. The early ones are doing the shackle fix..

Red Retro # 96
Ozark Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, repair, shasta