Old 10-02-2015, 09:35 AM   #11

I'm of the mind if you replaced your leaf springs already and your inner wheel well clearance is okay (ours is about an inch both sides), this recall isn't necessary.

Old 10-02-2015, 08:27 PM   #12

I have not replaced the leaf springs yet. I have a 19'. When I looked under the camper it all ready had shackles installed. Both wheel wells had approx. 3/4" clearance on the inside wheel well and a little more than 2" on the outside of the tire, this is why I added the 5/16" wheel spacers. This helped center the wheel in the well. I still have enough stud to hold the wheel in place. I replaced the "P" series tires with a same size "ST" load range "D" tire. This way I could still use the Coker Classic as a spare. Swapping out the passenger tire went quick and easy. The drivers side was a different story. The Coker with a more flexible sidewall was squeezed out. I had to deflate the "ST" tire to soften the side wall so it could be squeezed in between the drum and the outer camper wall. I have approx. 2 1/2" clearance on top of the tire. A new axle will give me more clearance on top, I should be able to remove the spacers and hopefully will be able to change the tires without deflating them.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #13

looks like the "sky is falling" mentality that was on social media was really just legitimate problems since the recall on the windows and the axle springs and brakes ...
but a word of warning once your camper goes in it cant leave the dealership till the recall work is done! so im back to my tent this weekend and ive got a plug in heater...
Old 10-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #14
A Little Bit Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasLive View Post
For everyone who was ridiculed and called a fool for carrying the banner on this issue and warning others months ago, feel vindicated. :-)
Cheers!
Old 10-25-2015, 10:54 AM   #15
Two

The recall letter "green lighted" our purchase - we were somewhat aware of the issues with Airflytes - within 15 minutes of reading the re-call letter - we purchased one - so thanks for carrying the banner. And also thanks to Mark Lucas for bravely bringing this "primitive cool" trailer to market.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:04 AM   #16

Seriously?! What about the recall gave you reassurance to plunk down the cash? To me, it's just official confirmation the thing is poorly made.
Old 10-25-2015, 11:54 AM   #17
Two

Wow - nice welcome to my first post - not much joy
Old 10-25-2015, 04:19 PM   #18

No, there's not much joy in these trailers, sorry to say.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:46 AM   #19
Two

To answer your - Seriously?! question - from what I understand there are 3 issues with these - the Recall Letter confirmed that two of them would be addressed - and the Air is an easy modification - hence we plunk down cash.

Otherwise, the trailer from our prospective is a design delight - but its just a tool to enjoy life.
So Seriously?! why would you have a recreation anything that does not bring you joy - get it fix and enjoy it or just sell it and move on.

Happy Camping Everyone
Old 10-26-2015, 10:53 AM   #20

Yes, just three issues...ahem. I won't share my laundry list.

When you've had at least 2/3 of your trailer rebuilt, come talk to me.

Tags
recall, tire