Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #1

Shasta Airflyte Reissue Cushions

Anyone else's Shasta Airflyte come with cushions that didn't fit when the table is folded down to a bed?
mattedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #2

Surely at least one owner of the reissue had cushions that didn't fit?
mattedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:25 AM   #3

Ours are a bit too big and we really have to compress them in order to lay them flat. Also, the gaucho cushions are slightly larger than the dinette cushions, so make sure not to mix them up - ours were when we took delivery. It took me a while and a few cuss words before I finally figured it out. Here's a tip - when we first tried sleeping on the dinette cushions, we found them to be very uncomfortable. So, we purchased a "My Pillow" brand mattress topper. It's made of 4" memory foam. What a huge difference that made. Very comfortable now. Enjoy your trailer !!
cerarons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 11:52 AM   #4

I believe there are a number of threads regarding this issue. My understanding from reading them is "that's the way it is."

You might go to the top of page to the SEARCH field and google "shasta cushions."

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #5

Cushions wrong color and size

We had a terrible time with our cushions. First they were mismatched color. They ordered new. New ones came in and they left out 2 of the 4 that were mismatched. Reordered again, and this time they sent them with the zipper on the top of the cushion but the correct color. We gave up. The dealer is 4hrs away and they won't ship them. As for the size, we are going to pay to have them cut down because not only do they not fit for the bed, but they are too high and fall over when you sit at the table. Other than that, we love it, well that is after we installed a cool cat ac/heat pump.
Scott-Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:09 PM   #6

My back seat cushion was mixed up with one of the dinette cushions. Once I got the right ones, it still seemed too tight. Someone on Facebook suggested that I put the two middle cushions up in the middle like a tent and then push down. They still tried popping back up a little. This did the trick though. Once I got the mattress cover and sheets on, they stayed in place.
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shasta