Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2019, 05:37 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtp82 View Post
Yeah we agreed on it being a good project, but she doesn't have the time or money, and wants something to go camping in within the near future.
You definitely saved your mom. She needs something that can be towed down the road and that rig isn't it.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:13 PM   #22

If frame was good and square and you wanted a project it would have been a decent deal... even with a frame up rebuild. But if no time or desire to be a camper builder, walk was the best thing.

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:13 PM   #23
Superdutycamping

I would have give 200 for it for the frame and axles but im assuming it nowhere near western north carolina i could have stripped down the body and sold the aluminum and made my purchase money back and had the frame and axles to build a trailer from for free i never am near a deal like that
Superdutymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #24
Paul & Dianne

Aside from the couple of you who have the mad skillz or contacts to recycle or rebuild, this thing looks to be total junk. emtp82, nice save. Anything with wheels, wings or a hull, you really need to look at it first.

About 6-7 years ago, my wife and I sold our TT just to avoid this type of scenario. It was 12 years old at the time, and in decent shape. But, we hadn't been using it much, and neither of us wanted it falling apart in the driveway. So, we sold it for about 25% of what we had originally paid. Somebody else got to use it, and we made a little bit. Win-win. Too many people think that their old stuff is worth a whole lot more than it is... and so they hang onto it until it's worth nothing, like this poor TT in the pic.

So, just yesterday we brought home our new 5er! It looks odd to see something parked in the back yard again.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:05 PM   #25

OK, so this seller is a scum bag. Met too many of them in my lifetime. Wonder how long he's going to keep this thing until he finds a trusting soul to meet his price?

I was given a camper at the right time, when I had plenty of time and interest to completely rebuild it. It was a really fun project. Cost about $300 to rebuild it, including a a power stapler. Now I've got a "new" 1978 cabover camper that fits my 1966 truck perfectly.

I really feel sorry for the people that get ripped-off and can't repair/rebuild themselves. I guess that's why so many folks buy new TT's.

That reminds me. I need to recoat the roof on my 2002 Sandpiper TT. Any suggestions?
DavidWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #26

She's unfortunately eager to find something to use. I told her patience will work in her favor.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:04 PM   #27

Good used units are hard to find. Our original budget used was $5k...then to $10k and ended up with $18.5, but we found a like new 2 YO unit.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote