Old 03-06-2016, 08:03 AM   #1

16 274 DBH winter check gone bad

Went into the TT to check out camper and wouldn't you know all my cabinet bases ruined and the floor of the whole TT wet. So not happy with this situation. Not sure what's going to happen think it ruined the floor also. Any body had this happen on a brand new TT?

Old 03-06-2016, 08:12 AM   #2

Are you hooked to "City Water"? Did you leave the Roof Vents Open/Without Covers? Did you "Winterize" your FW System? Youroo!!

Old 03-06-2016, 08:18 AM   #3

Yes I winterized. Vents are closed I think that snow melt running down the sides and something improperly installed on the side let the water in.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:43 AM   #4

Ice dam's,Snow pack,can route Water Lot's of Directions that the Water would not Normally take! Add to this a slight Lean and "Here Comes Mr Water"! A "Home Made Pressure Tester" Might tell where your Water is coming from! Some Dealers have made Test units that are placed at the Entrance Door and Pressurize the unit while they spray Soapy water on the unit, It looks like a "Bubble Bath" if there is a Opening! PS there is "Always" Bubbles! Youroo!!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:44 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman06 View Post
I think that snow melt running down the sides and something improperly installed on the side let the water in.
You probably are correct......
You need to determine where that water is getting in, do something to stop it in the meantime, and get it back to your dealer ASAP. If you can take about 100 digital pics before taking it to the dealer, preferably dated. Put a current days newspaper in the background of some where you can see the date on it, you may need the documentation.

Hopefully if it is a manufacturing defect, which I would expect it to be after seeing what I have seen lately with some of these 2016 units being made. Hopefully your dealer recognizes it as such and so does the manufacturer. I'd still go loaded for bear expecting the typical you did not maintain the sealant arguments. Unfortunately there is no telling how much damage is done in other areas without tearing into it some. With that amount of water coming in for ?? it most likely is not good. Sorry to say that but no way to sugar coat it.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:22 AM   #6
Site Team

As others have said take plenty of pictures inside and out and get it to your dealer ASAP. Most dealers get VERY busy as soon as spring fever kicks in. You might be able
to beat the rush if you hurry! I suggest calling your service dept tomorrow morning to
get your appointment.
Good Luck!!
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 10:13 AM   #7

It's got an appointment set. Just got to take pics
Old 03-06-2016, 02:16 PM   #8

Just wondering if your slide was out and you were off level..this happened to me one time but caught it same day. I was off level with slides out which directed rain towards the trailer on one side..lesson learned for me
Old 03-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #9

Good idea to check your unit at least once a week if you can. especially if there is rainy weather. Situations with RVs can change very fast. I see a lot of units in this town that sit for months and they are not checked, especially on large rented lots.This past year be purchased a cover for the motor home and the tyvec top sheds water very well so this has helped to keep water out and protect the graphics over the winter.

Brandon2
2014 2500ts Sun Seeker
Old 03-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #10
Air Force Retiree

I would say right off the bat, to check the top seal on the slideout. If the slide isn't closing tight there it would act like a gutter and water will flow right in and onto your floor area.

Tags
winter