Old 02-07-2019, 11:40 PM   #1

Lightbulb 17 Cherokee kitchen faucet handle fix

I have a '17 Cherokee 274DBH that we bought new in Aug of 16. Have been real happy with it, and everything that Forest River took care of under warranty. The selling dealer has been outstanding. That being said, now 2.5 years later little things have began to break. Nothing big just a few dollars here and there. Two weeks ago the kitchen faucet hot water handle became loose. Upon further inspection I found that the threaded part of the handle that screws onto the inner plastic stem had cracked in two spots thus letting it become loose. I'm almost sure the cause was over turning the handle further than it should be turned. I was trying to think of how to fix it without having to replace the entire faucet. To the fix part: I had a tube of regular "Chapstick" that was about empty. I took the cap off and then cut the end of the tube where is comes out and cut the end off just at the junction is where the cap snaps on leaving the step part on the tube. The cut off part is maybe 1/4" or so. I heated that up in some hot water a slipped in onto the cracked handle. It fits just perfect thru the metal cap that covers the valve and screwed onto the valve portion. Total cost was $0 and the Chapstick cap still snapped onto the Chapstick tube. I just had to share the fix. I have found many things I've learned here, and wanted to say thanks to all, and try to contribute for a change.

Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:36 PM   #2
Head Rambler

Thanks for sharing. The pat recommendation when someone has faucet problems is to just replace it. I understand someone not wanting to do that, and I applaud you for coming up with a fix.

Old 02-08-2019, 11:52 PM   #3

nice!
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee, faucet