Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2015, 11:04 AM   #1

1st trip out…Dead battery

I noticed the fan on the convertor the 1st night pulsing on/off/on/off when only running two lights. I thought that is bound to burn the unit up so I switched either one more light on to make the load on the convertor higher causing the fan to run constant or switch one light off to cause the load to be less to kick the fan off.
Prior to going to bed the second night out I retracted the awning due to a storm moving through over night. I noticed the awning moving slow. I checked the battery indicator and had two of the four bars…not charging. I also noticed no fan on the convertor no matter what load I put on it…more than three lights on should kick the fan on.
I left the fan in the bathroom on overnight. This morning the battery is nearly dead.
No blown fuses
I disconnected from shore power for a minute in the hope of resetting the convertor. Notta.
It looks like the convertor has died only 3 weeks old.
Is there something else other than a dead charger?
The campground is full.
I have green at both ends of the power cord.
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:16 AM   #2

run to get a 10amp battery charger and plug it in to save your vacation. or, jumper cables to battery. either way, you'll be the hero. flip all breakers off and on first of course
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:42 PM   #3

Our converter never pulsates. The 4th light kicks it on for us.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #4

Thanks for the info. I'll make an appointment with camping world.
Old 04-26-2015, 08:07 PM   #5

I've still not had the charger in the convertor replaced. The nearest Camping world does not want to fool with it since it's warranty work. I will have to take it 2 hours drive back to Nashville. Spoke with them, nice as can be and will replace it same day
while I wait so I am told.
Also, the winegard 3000 does not work. I checked the wiring behind the wall plate and it is wired proper. I can connect a tiny antenna to the antenna in on the booster
and the booster works. Boosts as it should. I can connect a tiny antenna to the outside cable in and sit the tiny antenna on the gound and it works.
So...wiring between the antenna on the roof and the wall plate is bad or the winegard is bad on the roof.
The winegard manual states once it's installed to it's base it cannot be uninstalled without damaging the unit. I will let camping world and the warranty fix this also.

Tags
battery