Old 05-09-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
2005 Cherokee 27Q Questions

Hi guys,

I have two questions, one I think I already know the answer.

First question is below the fuse/breaker panel there is a vent and a fan every once in a while blows warm air through it. Is that to cool the power converter?

Second question is about the Concertone stereo. I'm not sure which model it is but I just read that they're all pretty problematic in these forums. My parents just got their new to them trailer today and the stereo worked fine all afternoon into the night maybe 5-6 hours then now all of a sudden it has a loud humm/buzz coming through the speakers and mostly the subwoofer in the ceiling.

Is that just what they do?

Super_Coo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #2
Head Rambler
to FRF.

First Question. The converter has a cooling fan that comes on when the converter is under load to cool the electronics so that's what you're feeling.

Second Question. There seems to be lots of problems with the Concertone systems. If it's a new unit have the dealer replace it. Maybe you'll get a newer model. I don't think they have as many problems with those.

Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
Hi and Welcome to the Forums! The fan blowing from the cabinent is just as you thought, it helps cool the electronics in the converter. I just traded in a 2003 Cherokee 27Q and never had a problem with the concertone radio but is the radio getting interference from some other source, (is the radio on am or fm?, does it happen when in am mode only? This could be "line noise") Some more info here would help. Maybe someone else can help you on that subject. Good Luck
2008 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad cab LB 2500 Cummins 6.7L TD / 2013 Columbus 320rs. Camped 50 days in 2015. RIP Angel the camping Cat, we will miss you.
Don and Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #4
My Concertone did the same thing after I brought my camper home the first day!! I called the dealer, and they ordered me a new unit after sending a repairman from the dealership out to the house to pull the unit out, and verify the problem, and get the numbers on the back of the radio. Mine is the ZX 600. After replacing the first one, I haven't had any more problems with mine. Sometimes, the ground is not properly connected and could cause that problem. GOOD LUCK, Randy
/SIGPIC]'08 V-lite Flagstaff 30WRLS
'06 Ram 1500 QC hemi Reese dual cam sway control,
K&N series 77 intake, Hellwig helper spgs. LT tires,
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote