Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #1

2008 cherokee grey wolf 29bh tt help

Greets, I just purchased this trailer last weekend and cannot seem to find a cable connection. I am assuming that they come almost standard with cable hookups as it has a built in TV with surround sound. Is the cable connection through the roof? Is it possible to covert it over to Sat? Its my first trailer so I hope this question does not seem odd lol.

Your help is appreciated

The Trailer is a 2008 29bh tt
glyphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyphon View Post
I am assuming that they come almost standard with cable hookups as it has a built in TV with surround sound.
I have a very different model; but having a TV doesn't mean it would have a cable hookup as standard. I know when I was looking before that was an extra option.

I've been looking at adding a hookup myself for the satellite; and it looks like I will be adding it myself. The ones that I have seen have the connection on the side of the trailer; not on the roof.

Not sure if that helps or not.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Check over every square inch of the outside of your camper, especially near where the booster is on the inside. If can remember, I will take a picture of ours so you can see what it looks like.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Got anything like this ??

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cable Connection.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	5967

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #5

Greets, Once i get back to camp I will take a look. My booster is in the ceiling however. I am starting to think that this trailer may not have come standard with it.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #6

Ok it seems this trailer did not come with cable connection, I have a wingard antenna on the roof the runs directly to my tv underneath. My TV connects to the plastic covering located on the roof on the inside that has the booster button for the antenna. My question is basically is there anyway to disconnect the antenna and run my Satellite through the same port? I know I may have to change the connector box to bypass the boosting plate. Anyone’s help would be greatly appreciated. Also is there a cheap conversion method to change my antenna to a Dish (Bell) thats pretty inexpensive?

Your help as always is greatly appreciated

2008 29BH Cherokee Greywolf