Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2011, 10:18 AM   #1

2010 39P Questions

I posted yesterday but it didn't make. Trying again.

We are looking at a new 2010 Cherokee 39P. I'd like to here comments pro and con on this unit if possible. Also, what size discount should one expect give it is 2 model years old now.

Thanks
Don
grandriver125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:26 PM   #2

We have a 2011 39P and love it - I would buy another one in a second, this time I'd get the 2nd slide in the back though. The cons are very few. Technically no complaints or issues, a few things that are cosmetic and/or very minor - the storage above the fridge and microwave are very deep and hard to get to the back of - the one above the micro is on hinges and really hard to hold up and get something out of it. I would have upgraded the blinds to be darkening. There is a ton of storage - more than we can use and we are seasonals so we leave a lot of stuff in it. Can't speak to the discount -sorry! If you have any specific questions feel free to ask away.
Jesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #3

Thanks. We ended up getting a 2012 Wildwood DLX 426-2B. Was very happy with the discount the dealer gave us. We like the 2 baths, 50 amp power and pre-wire for second A/C which we may have to put in (we winter in FLA).

The dealer with the 39P tried to tell us that the list price was $42,000 and that we should compute the discount based on that price. He also felt that since it was new and there were few changes in the 2011 and 2012 models there was no reason for a big discount. Needless to say we said nuts and walked. Frankly, for our need the DLX is a better buy as we have to move it to a storage area in the summer since we can't insure it if it is tied down (strange). Our 37 year old son (has Down Syndrome) is delighted with his bunk room as it has a 3 pc bath. If the dealer had said $20k or less we might have bought, but in the end I think we would have bought the one we did today. We actually had a "more preferred model" - a Keystone Residence, but we did not like the bunk weight limit or the free standing dinning room set (much prefer a U-shaped unit) and the closets in the bedroom were not as extensive as we prefer. This DLX will sit on a lot next to our Chariot Eagle park model and be moved 500 yards to a storage yard for the summer.

2012 Forest River Wildwood DLX - Sale Pending

I'm pleased you have not had any construction problems and I hope our experience is the same.

Thanks again

GR
Old 11-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #4

the one you bought is beautiful - $42K that guy is nuts, we had several upgrades and revamped the front to a queen instead of bunks/dinette, and for a 2011 last year, it was still around $20k brand new, built for us from the factory. Enjoy your camper!
Jesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesster View Post
the one you bought is beautiful - $42K that guy is nuts, we had several upgrades and revamped the front to a queen instead of bunks/dinette, and for a 2011 last year, it was still around $20k brand new, built for us from the factory. Enjoy your camper!
That is nice to hear, thanks. BTW, I think you got a GREAT DEAL as I was having trouble getting them to 20k for a 2 year old unit that was clearly not as nice as yours.