Old 08-07-2015, 01:46 PM   #1

2011 29BH Outdoor kitchen issue

So, this is a new to me camper. Took it from Conway AR to KC MO which is about 400 miles one way. We turned the frig on LP and headed out. Got to KC that evening and hooked up and tried to start WH to take showers. Could not get it to light and after turning on other propane tank, found out that the quick connect for gas burner to outside kitchen had broken off. Could not fix it that night so we took showers at the bathhouse and I went to RV dealer and Home depot and fixed it the next morning. RV dealer told me he sells quite a few of those parts so that turned on the lightbulb in my head. Propane line had some play due to the zip ties being loose so I got new ones as well as wrapped the the pipe up with a poole noodle so as to protect it for the return trip home. Got home and realized that the line had broken again in the same place. So, to me there is an issue here and dealer cannot get it into shop for 3 more weeks.

So, has anyone else had this problem? I capped off the end of the line for now and everything works. As I am new to this, should you travel with that piece on or is it supposed to be taken off and only used if you want to use the outdoor kitchen? Thanks in advance

Old 08-25-2015, 12:34 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpedsrt View Post
So, this is a new to me camper. Took it from Conway AR to KC MO which is about 400 miles one way. We turned the frig on LP and headed out. Got to KC that evening and hooked up and tried to start WH to take showers. Could not get it to light and after turning on other propane tank, found out that the quick connect for gas burner to outside kitchen had broken off. Could not fix it that night so we took showers at the bathhouse and I went to RV dealer and Home depot and fixed it the next morning. RV dealer told me he sells quite a few of those parts so that turned on the lightbulb in my head. Propane line had some play due to the zip ties being loose so I got new ones as well as wrapped the the pipe up with a poole noodle so as to protect it for the return trip home. Got home and realized that the line had broken again in the same place. So, to me there is an issue here and dealer cannot get it into shop for 3 more weeks.

So, has anyone else had this problem? I capped off the end of the line for now and everything works. As I am new to this, should you travel with that piece on or is it supposed to be taken off and only used if you want to use the outdoor kitchen? Thanks in advance
I don't have an answer for you as my 2015 had the same problem. Still looking for a better way to secure the propane run to the outdoor kitchen.

Tags
2011, door