Old 10-18-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
2012 Cherokee 39p Problems

We took delivery of our Cherokee 39p in April of this year. Love the trailer for the most part. This summer had very little rain so we never really were able to see if there were any water issues. Well, this weekend we found them. The slideout has a window on the top over the kitchen table. When we woke up Saturday morning the table and cushions were completely soaked. The dealer already had somebody coming out to replace the radio (only took 6 months) so I told them to bring something to fix this.

When he went up to look at it there was no caulk around the glass. I mean zero. He could move the glass. He did his best in caulking it but it was still raining a little and I doubt it made a good seal. The camper is closed up for the season and we won't back up to it until April next year although I'm thinking of going up for a day to check the slide.

The radio...oh, the radio. 6 months of back and forth with the dealer. He finally shows up the last weekend of the season with it. Didn't bring tools to make the hole bigger (even though I knew it needed to be bigger from reading this forum). The outside remote control won't fit and needs a new cable run for it to work.

Anyone else had similar issues? Are there other areas I should look at before our warranty is up?

kermtfrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
I have a 2011 39p and have not had any issues with the skylights leaking. My trailer is on a seasonal site and the slide stays out from April to November. If memory serves me correct the skylights are sealed with eternabond tape. I check them several times a year and they are tight.

Papa Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
I have had 3 seperate problems with slide out leaks and the skylights. I am actually sending my unit back to the factory next week for some work. I would make sure they fix whatever needs done before the warranty runs out.
2004 Chevy Avalanche Z66 W/Transmission Cooler
2011 Grey Wolf 28BH
Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH
2 Beagles (Snoopy & Dexter)

Big Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote