Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2019, 03:13 PM   #1

2012 Grey Wolf Shore Power Circuit Breaker POP

I plugged in my Grey Wolf into shore power at my house, and about 10 minutes later the circuit breaker popped, but it was my home's circuit breaker, not a circuit breaker in the camper.
What's the best way to track this down? Should I turn off all the breakers in the camper then wait 10 minutes and turn one on at a time and wait 10-15 min after turning each breaker on?
Thank for the replies!
RCSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Are you plugging into possibly a 15 or 20 amp outlet at your house via an adapter on your shore power cord?

The house circuit breaker that's tripping will have it's amp number on the handle.

That's your magical amp number, which includes the total of everything you are running in the RV....as well as anything else you may be running at your house on that same circuit

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 06:24 PM   #3

There is nothing turned on in the camper. So just the clock on the microwave and the power button on that horrible DVD player are the only things drawing power. And charge the battery. Thanks! I’ve plugged into this outlet dozens of times before never had a problem.
Old 07-18-2019, 01:04 PM   #4

You were correct! My last trip I was at a motorcycle event, and it started to POUR so it was cancelled. So I quickly packed up and left. I also left the A/C turned on, and that was the draw that popped the circuit breaker. THANKS!
Old 07-18-2019, 01:22 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSP View Post
You were correct! My last trip I was at a motorcycle event, and it started to POUR so it was cancelled. So I quickly packed up and left. I also left the A/C turned on, and that was the draw that popped the circuit breaker. THANKS!
Glad to see you found your issue and that the safety device (breaker) did its intended job.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #6
Site Team

Good to hear you got it figured out....and thats it not really anything that has to be repaired. Thanks for the update, as this may help others in the future

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, breaker, grey wolf, power, shore power