Old 06-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #11

As for the iPod. Were you using the USB iPod cable or the mini-jack?

'12: 27
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:27 PM   #12

I have this model and speaker C is nothing. A is inside and B is outside, at least on mine.
My ipod is the aux input using a small umbilical cord and its kinda fickle (the cord). I leave that part to the misses, she has patience than me.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #13

On mine A is one inside speaker, b another and C both outside ones. B would cut in and out...fixed it and now A won't work. Argh! Very close to tossing the whole stereo and putting in one from a car.

Nights camped 2011: 11 2012: 18 2013: 12 2014: 12 2015: 13 2016: 56 2017: 8+
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #14

On my Jensen, A is near tv-1 speaker, B is near fridge-1 speaker, and C is both outdoor speakers. I use the iPod on the USB and it reads the songs (can take a lot of time depending on what you have on it) and pictures and lets you see what you are playing on the TV screen. Its pretty cool actually. I am adding 2 speakers on the bedroom side of the entertainment center on the B channel and putting both of them in the living space to A. It's dumb there are none in the bedroom with the rotating TV mount. Can't hear the TV in the bedroom with a DVD in...Silly engineers.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:04 AM   #15

I will do some more checking on it this weekend. I am not going camping, but need to get it out for an event going on in town. I will do some playing with the stereo. I am not sure if A controls both inside ones, as I am not sure about where they are all located inside. I will check that out.

I also have not tested an actual DVD yet. I better test that out. Is it best to contact the dealer where I bought this or to get ahold of Forest River?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #16

For the IPOD I was using an Aux cable that I know works because I use it in the car.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #17
Commercial Member

I represent ASA Electronics, the producer of the JENSEN brand of televisions, stereos, and speakers, Voyager brand of observation monitors and cameras and the Advent brand of appliances. At ASA, we strive to provide excellent customer service and product satisfaction and would like to offer some assistance in this matter.

The AUX IN connection on the front of the JENSEN AWM965 is a full A/V AUX IN (Stereo Audio + Video). This uses a different cable than a Stereo Audio cable used for a standard Audio-only Car Stereo. While they both use a 1/8” (3.5mm) connector; they are segmented differently to provide the appropriate signal paths.

To connect your iPod to this A/V AUX IN, you will need to use the supplied AUX AUDIO/VIDEO cable (shown on page 3 of your radio’s owner’s manual). This will connect to the AUX IN and provide female RCA A/V connections. You would then need to connect your iPod to this cable using a 1/8” to Male RCA Stereo Audio cable, found at most electronics retailers. A 1/8” to 1/8” Stereo Audio cable connected direct from the iPod to the AUX IN will not work.

As this is a full A/V input, you can use the cable to allow connection of an A/V device, such as a camcorder, video game machine or other device with A/V Output.

In regards to the C-channel speakers not working, I believe you are on the correct path based on everyone’s suggestion about determining which channels your speakers are connected to. In many cases, there may be an unused channel, depending on how many speakers are installed in the unit.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

jensenrvdirect
JENSENRVDirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #18

If you don't have the cables, like I didn't, you can get these from Amazon
To plug into iPod, phone or MP# source:
http://www.amazon.com/RiteAV-3-5mm-S...s=3.5mm+to+rca

To plug into Jensen unit:
Amazon.com: 6FT 3.5 mm to 3 RCA AV Camcorder Video Cable Sony JVC 6: Camera & Photo

Has to be done in that order, the rest you just match red to red, white to white, and yellow will dangle unused for audio. Should do the trick!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #19

and to be able to use that R/W/Y A/V cord for a console game or other AV device, just order one of these with it to save shipping.
Amazon.com: 3 RCA PHONO FEMALE SOCKET COUPLER EXTENSION ADAPTER: Electronics
Old 06-25-2012, 12:30 PM   #20

Wow,
what a pain. I do have one cable up in the cubboard that I am not sure what it is for. I haven't really looked at it yet.

I will need to check and see what I have and what I need. I want to be able to test this out soon.