Old 09-24-2013, 10:39 PM   #11
For sure on the open doors. Nothing like a FOUL smelling fridge! LOL

Also, leveling the trailer is not as easy as I thought it would be. That small level in the front doesn't really tell the whole story.

What is the best and easiest way to be sure the trailer is level? I did the best I could with the level in the front, then just went by feel. I guess I could have rolled a little ball around inside until it stayed put, lol.

Our first time out went pretty well. The ground was not level at all, so I was running around like a mad man getting everything set up while Tasha took care of things inside. The kids did the best they could staying out of the way while we set up.

The A/C worked great, lighting was good, and fridge did a good job of keeping things cool as long as it was not opened to often.

The hard part was getting used to the bed. OMG....Although Tasha put a thin memory foam mattress on top, it was still like sleeping on a board. Better than my old military bunk, but not much better.

It was a great time though. Fishing in a creek that ran close to the camp site and laughing at Tasha while she attempted to catch some small fish stealing her bait. Good times....That's what it's all about.

Thanks for the info everyone. Every little bit helps make thing easier for our next outing.

GhostCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #12
i have a 24" level that I bring with me. i put it right behind the ball hitch before i unhook to check my side to side level, i have had to put 2 x6's under the tires on one side a few times to level it that way. then i chalk and unhook. put the level in the doorway of the trailer ( my door is half way down the trailer) and use the jack to go up or down to level from front to back.

its work well for me so far.

jgroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:17 AM   #13
Do you use the stacking leveling blocks? They don't take up much space. I just leave mine in the trailer. I also use a 24" level. half a bubble is 1 leveling block, a whole buble is 2 blocks. I've never needed more than 2 so far. And def. chock the wheels before you unhook.
2012 F150 4x4 5.0
2011 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26bh
God Bless America
bobcrowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #14
I use stackable leveling blocks as you stack them they create a ramp then use the TV to pull or push the TT up on them (called Linx Blocks, RV store or Ebay etc) for side to side leveling there are lots of instructional videos on You Tube for this. Level side to side first then use you tongue jack for front to back then lower your stablizers, remember stablizers are not for leveling they will bend if too much weight is placed on them. For the bed we had the same issue brand new mattress, hard as a rock. We went o Costco and got their 4" gel foam mattress it's great we liked it so much we bought one for home.
Dale & Terri, Lulu & Tiki (our Chihuahua's), New rescue puppy Prince - Pom/Pug mix.
2013 Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7, TRD Off-Road, 4X4, Full Tow Package
2013 Wildwood T26TBSS - Sold
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:55 AM   #15
Yes I have a WONDERFUL tip for you! We purchased a 2013 26 DBH from our dealer a little over a year ago. Loved the trailer itself but had a list of trouble with it! The thing that ruined it for us was the axle placement/alignment. When measuring hub to hub (center of wheel to center of wheel) On the driver side and comparing it to the passenger side there was 3/4" difference meaning the axles weren't aligned with themselves properly. Then I measured from the tip of the hitch to each side of each axle. I came up with a measurement of this being something like 3" different. I got to investigating and came up with the mounts for the springs were welded into the wrong locations. This meant that the axles weren't square with the trailer itself as well as the axles were fighting each other!

Needless to say we took a longer trip of roughly 800 miles one way and notice some SEVERE tire wear and this is how I stumbled up the mis alignment...

I have since talked to a few other people I know that have bought the same trailer exact style of trailer (26 dbh) and some within the same maker but different models that were finding this same issue!

So my suggestion is get the tape measure out and measure these SOON!

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote