Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2017, 09:40 PM   #1

2015 27dbh slide alignment off & underbelly material torn

Hello - Thanks for all of the helpful information in this forum.

I found this site trying to find a fix for the tears in my underbelly material on my slide. I haven't come across any cherokee posts but there is a 60+ page forum in the primetime rv section that seems to be similar to my problem.

I'm fairly certain my 27dbh has a lippert through chassis electric slide. Both ends/sides of the underbelly material are wearing. At some point one side was patched and that ended up getting bunched up and pulling up the carpet that the slide "glides" over. The slide floor also makes contact with the linoleum floor the last foot of its closing. I don't believe the slide should ever touch the floor. I'm actually surprised the floor isn't damaged. The RV is level, plugged in, etc.

I plan on adjusting the slide, but i wanted to confirm a few things:
  • The bottom of the slide just glides over a strip of carpet when sliding in/out. There are no rollers or plastic rails. Does that seem right?
  • The primetime rv forum mentions a kit (part #10F16032A) which is basically two plastic runners to stop the wearing. Any chance this is the same issue i have and that kit would fix my cherokee underbelly material wearing as well?
  • When almost closed, you can see that the top of the slide is tilted in a few inches more than the the bottom. Is there an adjustment to tilt or can i only move it up/down/left/right?

I just picked this up up secondhand. If anybody can help or point me in the right direction i'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170425_065019085.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	136033   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170425_185738428_HDR.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	136034  
SpringCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:42 PM   #2

I'll be watching , I just bought a 2017 274dbh and it's to be delivered in a week or two.
BostonTommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:34 PM   #3

in the pic the slide is way out, are you holding your in button until the unit ratchets the correct adjustment should have the gasket compressed about 50% all the way around.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
in the pic the slide is way out, are you holding your in button until the unit ratchets the correct adjustment should have the gasket compressed about 50% all the way around.
If i hold the button it does pull in and seal correctly. I left it out a little to show how its leaning in. I don't believe it should be leaning in like that because the leading edge of the slide drags on the linoleum floor.

Thanks for looking.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #5

If your slide is sealing correctly when in and correctly when out I would not attempt to adjust it because it tilts one way or the other while in motion, mine tilts down and then finally up into correct position when fully open. there should be another way to correct what you are seeing
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:48 AM   #6

My previous camper, a 2001 Cougar had an electric slideout. There was a plastic glide strip on the inside front of the slide. It slid over the carpet, gliding on the carpet. It was resting on the carpet the entire time the slide was out and being retracted until the very end when it tilted up to allow the outer seals to contact the outer skin.

It does not sound like anything is wrong to me. IMHO
Old 04-28-2017, 08:48 AM   #7

Lippert makes the kit you talk about, to use inside under the slides to help hold the under side of the slide out flooring off the carpet and linoleum. I have made some out of other material like 1/4" or 1/8" hard board, or ABS plastic, at Menards. that work just as well. just tapper, and round off the end and edges so it is smooth and reduces wear on under side.
These should help some.
Dale Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:55 AM   #8

It seems like I just need to resolve the wearing underbelly material on the slide.

@DouglasReid,@SeaDog - Thanks. It sounds like the slide alignment is fine and what i'm seeing is normal. I'll leave it alone.

@Dale - Sounds like a clever idea. If i can't track down the kit I'll attempt something like you mentioned. Thanks.

Tags
alignment, slide, underbelly