Old 09-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
2015 Gray Wolf 26DBH Limited

I purchased a 26DHB Limited at the end of July. I have taken it out 3 times in the mountains of central Idaho. After 6 nights of use and probably 500 total miles on it I would say I am about 70% pleased with it.

I just got it back from the dealer yesterday for some warranty work.

First of all... ALL and I mean ALL of the wallpaper seams were coming apart. The dealer wants to totally redo the walls however this requires pre-authorization from Forest River which they have not approved yet. So that's waiting.

Secondly a ton of items have come loose or fallin off. Now most places you go in central Idaho are on dirt roads but they are pretty well maintained by the forestry. Its not like I have been taking this thing on jeep trails so its pretty disturbing at the amount of stuff that has come undone.

The molding around the entertainment system walls came loose, the valances around the window shades of the pull out came loose, the water/power/gray/black device broke, the self tapping screws on the screen door got stripped and came out. The deal fixed all of these things.

The bottom bunk supports broke with a 15 and 11 year old girl on it. So the dealer reinforced both bunks with 2x4's free of charge cause they said the orig design sucked.

All in all I think its an "ok" coach however its pretty clear that they really cheaped out and cut costs on the little details which is a shame... I mean come on what would it cost to do these things right in the first place?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8100674 (3) (1).jpg
Views:	179
Size:	243.7 KB
ID:	62792   Click image for larger version

Name:	P8020643.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	62793  

captainvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #2
Welcome to the forums.
Most of what you posted about can be fixed easy enough annoying as they are they are minor.

Fast and cheap is the throwaway world we live in now.
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is online now   Reply With Quote