Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2016, 09:31 PM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 40
I have a 32 inch in mine. It's definitely easy to see from the bunks. We also mount it outside occasionally. It can be a p.i.t.a to get lined up on the brackets at first but gets easier the more you do it.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 ram 2500
2016 Cherokee 274dbh
__________________

__________________
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 12:41 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Michael4017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Oneonta, NY
Posts: 182
2016 Cherokee 274DBH

I have a 32" tv in the main area. I purchased an articulating mount on Amazon and mounted that to the faux rock. Then secured the v mount that was on the wall to the mount and then attached the tv with the other half of the v mount. Works great and I can take the tv outside to use in that mount.

In the bedroom, I put a small piece of wood lumber as a spacer in the bedroom area to fit between the doors. I used 3" lag screws to secure to wall and then used 2 1/2 in screws to attach the mount to the spacer/wall. This allows the doors to fully close and I didn't have to change the straps out. The ceiling area was flimsy and I don't like the idea of holes in the ceiling. This mount is just a tilting one. I posted a picture of the tv mounted in another posting.

I'm planning a tp holder by using some plywood on the inside of the side of cabinet and the mounting the holder. Sounds like that would work rather than the wall.



'16 Cherokee 274DBH
'16 F150 XLT Crew 3.5eco
__________________

__________________
Mike
2016 Cherokee Limited 274DBH
2016 Ford F-150
Michael4017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #13
Member
 
dmacalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael4017 View Post
I have a 32" tv in the main area. I purchased an articulating mount on Amazon and mounted that to the faux rock. Then secured the v mount that was on the wall to the mount and then attached the tv with the other half of the v mount. Works great and I can take the tv outside to use in that mount.

In the bedroom, I put a small piece of wood lumber as a spacer in the bedroom area to fit between the doors. I used 3" lag screws to secure to wall and then used 2 1/2 in screws to attach the mount to the spacer/wall. This allows the doors to fully close and I didn't have to change the straps out. The ceiling area was flimsy and I don't like the idea of holes in the ceiling. This mount is just a tilting one. I posted a picture of the tv mounted in another posting.

I'm planning a tp holder by using some plywood on the inside of the side of cabinet and the mounting the holder. Sounds like that would work rather than the wall.



'16 Cherokee 274DBH
'16 F150 XLT Crew 3.5eco
Super information Michael, thank you for sharing.

I was wondering about attaching the V bracket that came with the trailer on to a purchased mount and the stability of the TV when mounted inside as it is no longer right against the wall.... Sounds like it is secure.

Thanks again...
__________________
dmacalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lavergne Tn.
Posts: 20
We just installed a 32 inch tv in the living area and it is perfect size. I used the V mount that came with the trailer , just be sure you get a TV with 4 x 4 mounting holes on the back .
__________________
Xrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:24 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lavergne Tn.
Posts: 20
Smooth woodwork in 274dbh

]When we purchase our 274dbh, I notice that all the woodwork inside had a rough ,unsanded feel to it. It was like they sprayed sealer on it with no lacquer. It would also leave white marks every where it was scuffed. To smooth it out and brighten the woodwork I rubbed all the wood down with 4 oooo steel wool, wiped dust off and put coat of Old English furniture polish on it. Now we have a nice smooth surface without all the scuff marks. Be sure to wipe lightly with steel wool or you'll take the color off.
It just took one or two swipes to get it smooth. Used Old English with protective shield formula.
__________________
Xrrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 09:26 AM   #16
Member
 
dmacalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Thanks for all the advise everyone. Finished installing the TV's. 42" in the living room and 24" TV/DVD combo in the bedroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	105180   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	105181   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	105182  
__________________
dmacalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:14 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Michael4017's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Oneonta, NY
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacalli View Post
Thanks for all the advise everyone. Finished installing the TV's. 42" in the living room and 24" TV/DVD combo in the bedroom.

Looks like a great job with the mounts!


'16 Cherokee 274DBH
'16 F150 XLT Crew 3.5eco
__________________
Mike
2016 Cherokee Limited 274DBH
2016 Ford F-150
Michael4017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #18
JSB
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Illinois
Posts: 7
Anybody know the screw size that mounts the bracket to the back of the tv?
__________________
JSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 08:05 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 40
I would think that it depends on the individual brand of television. Mine was either a 3 or 4 mm thread. Can't remember off the top of my head exactly which one it was. I used socket head cap screws for a clean fit but button head screws should also work.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 ram 2500
2016 Cherokee 274dbh
__________________
Knightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #20
Member
 
dmacalli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
I would think that it depends on the individual brand of television. Mine was either a 3 or 4 mm thread. Can't remember off the top of my head exactly which one it was. I used socket head cap screws for a clean fit but button head screws should also work.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 ram 2500
2016 Cherokee 274dbh
Yup, the TV bedroom were 4mm and the living room TV were 6mm.
__________________

__________________
dmacalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cherokee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.