Old 04-05-2016, 09:31 PM   #11

I have a 32 inch in mine. It's definitely easy to see from the bunks. We also mount it outside occasionally. It can be a p.i.t.a to get lined up on the brackets at first but gets easier the more you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2015 ram 2500
2016 Cherokee 274dbh

Old 04-06-2016, 12:41 AM   #12

2016 Cherokee 274DBH

I have a 32" tv in the main area. I purchased an articulating mount on Amazon and mounted that to the faux rock. Then secured the v mount that was on the wall to the mount and then attached the tv with the other half of the v mount. Works great and I can take the tv outside to use in that mount.

In the bedroom, I put a small piece of wood lumber as a spacer in the bedroom area to fit between the doors. I used 3" lag screws to secure to wall and then used 2 1/2 in screws to attach the mount to the spacer/wall. This allows the doors to fully close and I didn't have to change the straps out. The ceiling area was flimsy and I don't like the idea of holes in the ceiling. This mount is just a tilting one. I posted a picture of the tv mounted in another posting.

I'm planning a tp holder by using some plywood on the inside of the side of cabinet and the mounting the holder. Sounds like that would work rather than the wall.

'16 Cherokee 274DBH
'16 F150 XLT Crew 3.5eco

Michael4017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 04:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael4017 View Post
I have a 32" tv in the main area. I purchased an articulating mount on Amazon and mounted that to the faux rock. Then secured the v mount that was on the wall to the mount and then attached the tv with the other half of the v mount. Works great and I can take the tv outside to use in that mount.

In the bedroom, I put a small piece of wood lumber as a spacer in the bedroom area to fit between the doors. I used 3" lag screws to secure to wall and then used 2 1/2 in screws to attach the mount to the spacer/wall. This allows the doors to fully close and I didn't have to change the straps out. The ceiling area was flimsy and I don't like the idea of holes in the ceiling. This mount is just a tilting one. I posted a picture of the tv mounted in another posting.

I'm planning a tp holder by using some plywood on the inside of the side of cabinet and the mounting the holder. Sounds like that would work rather than the wall.

'16 Cherokee 274DBH
'16 F150 XLT Crew 3.5eco
Super information Michael, thank you for sharing.

I was wondering about attaching the V bracket that came with the trailer on to a purchased mount and the stability of the TV when mounted inside as it is no longer right against the wall.... Sounds like it is secure.

Thanks again...
Old 04-10-2016, 11:55 AM   #14

We just installed a 32 inch tv in the living area and it is perfect size. I used the V mount that came with the trailer , just be sure you get a TV with 4 x 4 mounting holes on the back .
Old 04-10-2016, 12:24 PM   #15

Smooth woodwork in 274dbh

]When we purchase our 274dbh, I notice that all the woodwork inside had a rough ,unsanded feel to it. It was like they sprayed sealer on it with no lacquer. It would also leave white marks every where it was scuffed. To smooth it out and brighten the woodwork I rubbed all the wood down with 4 oooo steel wool, wiped dust off and put coat of Old English furniture polish on it. Now we have a nice smooth surface without all the scuff marks. Be sure to wipe lightly with steel wool or you'll take the color off.
It just took one or two swipes to get it smooth. Used Old English with protective shield formula.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:26 AM   #16

Thanks for all the advise everyone. Finished installing the TV's. 42" in the living room and 24" TV/DVD combo in the bedroom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	105180   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	105181   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	105182  
Old 04-17-2016, 02:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacalli View Post
Thanks for all the advise everyone. Finished installing the TV's. 42" in the living room and 24" TV/DVD combo in the bedroom.

Looks like a great job with the mounts!

'16 Cherokee 274DBH
'16 F150 XLT Crew 3.5eco
Michael4017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #18
JSB

Anybody know the screw size that mounts the bracket to the back of the tv?
Old 04-17-2016, 08:05 PM   #19

I would think that it depends on the individual brand of television. Mine was either a 3 or 4 mm thread. Can't remember off the top of my head exactly which one it was. I used socket head cap screws for a clean fit but button head screws should also work.

2015 ram 2500
2016 Cherokee 274dbh
Old 04-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrider View Post
I would think that it depends on the individual brand of television. Mine was either a 3 or 4 mm thread. Can't remember off the top of my head exactly which one it was. I used socket head cap screws for a clean fit but button head screws should also work.

2015 ram 2500
2016 Cherokee 274dbh
Yup, the TV bedroom were 4mm and the living room TV were 6mm.

Tags
cherokee