Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2016, 02:36 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
This might help you, when your slide is in there is whole in the bottom corners that should have a piece installed to block that opening when closed and the slide is in so rain water can get in from under the slide. I have one slide that The piece fell off. FR factory will take care of that when I take my trailer in for a new roof on the 20th. When the slide is out it is covered. Now I put a plastic bag with a sponge in it for travel. I also was getting water in at that point at the bottom when I traveled down the highway....
Was wondering if you could post photos of this if possible.
__________________

__________________
Brandon_rss18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 04:23 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_rss18 View Post
Was wondering if you could post photos of this if possible.
I'll see what I can do, but if you pull your slide in and can see day light it is missing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 06:56 PM   #13
Casino Camper
 
jughrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: St Helens, Oregon
Posts: 145
Do you only notice it after going camping in the rain? The Cherokee/Lippert slide seals will not wipe off all of the water and you can pull water in that was on top of the slide roof. We freaked out because we thought we had a leak but figured out that the seals don't sweep all of the water off, usually only during the flip of the seal from out to in. The seal does not always flip over all at once and it pulls water in at the transition point. I watched it happen while testing with a hose.

Try a dust broom with extension handle that you use from the inside after the slide is pulled in. We can get to the top of the slide from inside when retracted on our 264L. If not you may just have to wipe up the water after pulling in the slide, it should only roll off the side in the direction of the slope and there is a lip at the front of the slide.
__________________
2016 Cherokee 264L (Rear Living)
2013 GMC Sierra Denali
EAZ Lift 1000 WDH w/Sway Control
2017 Nights Camped: 36 Campgrounds: 11
2016 Nights Camped: 24 Campgrounds: 8
jughrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:34 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughrad View Post
Do you only notice it after going camping in the rain? The Cherokee/Lippert slide seals will not wipe off all of the water and you can pull water in that was on top of the slide roof. We freaked out because we thought we had a leak but figured out that the seals don't sweep all of the water off, usually only during the flip of the seal from out to in. The seal does not always flip over all at once and it pulls water in at the transition point. I watched it happen while testing with a hose.

Try a dust broom with extension handle that you use from the inside after the slide is pulled in. We can get to the top of the slide from inside when retracted on our 264L. If not you may just have to wipe up the water after pulling in the slide, it should only roll off the side in the direction of the slope and there is a lip at the front of the slide.
Nah, I notice it after getting it home from storage. So it is either from just sitting in the rain or driving. I do not extend the slideout until I get home with it from storage before going camping.
__________________
Brandon_rss18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_rss18 View Post
Was wondering if you could post photos of this if possible.
Here are a couple of pictures, there is denise piece of rubber with a plastic plate that screws to the frame, it fell off. I would get water everytime I drove in it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	leak at slide 003.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	110600   Click image for larger version

Name:	leak at slide 001.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	110601  
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 12:24 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,628
One other thing I forgot to tell you is a simple test to make sure your slide is sealing outside. Take a piece of paper and close your slide with the paper between your gasket and wall, if you can pull it easily out then you need to adjust your bell (the stop) to make it close and create pressure on the seal. Hope that helps...
__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:26 PM   #17
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
One other thing I forgot to tell you is a simple test to make sure your slide is sealing outside. Take a piece of paper and close your slide with the paper between your gasket and wall, if you can pull it easily out then you need to adjust your bell (the stop) to make it close and create pressure on the seal. Hope that helps...
Thank you so much for the great info
__________________
Brandon_rss18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 06:42 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Mowgli64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 233
We had a leak also when we first got our trailer. Brought it back to the dealer and they did a pressure test and found many poorly chalked seams. They said one of the windows in the slide had almost no chalk on it. It took them 4 days of sealing and testing to get them all but now we have no leaks.
I would suggest to bring it in and get every leak fixed or it will be major problems down the road. Unfortunately the quality of workmanship has declined over the years. Even our dealer commented it must be cheaper to have dealers fix the ones that fail then do a better job to start with.
__________________

__________________
2015 Wildwood X-Lite 271RBXL
2013 Ford F150 Crewcab Ecoboost
Mowgli64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
grey wolf, leak, slide, slide out

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.