Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2017, 11:33 PM   #1

2017 23DBH Water leak

Hi all! Just purchased this 5 weeks ago. Towed it home 2 hrs. Parked it beside my detached garage, leveled and stabilized it. Have driveway camped in it twice. Each time the slide is in after a rain, there is about a quart of water in the floor when I open the slide. Does not leak when it's raining and the slide is out. I am the head tech for a GM dealership and mainly fix my own items. I spoke to the dealer about some things to inspect, but they didn't have any other concerns with them. I'm taking it back there in the morning and dropping it off. I noticed that one of the outside seals are rubbing pretty hard against the slide rail. Almost has a hole in the seal already after operating the slide about 10 times total. I'll keep everyone posted what they do. Oh, and hello from southern Ohio!
gmmastertech1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmmastertech1 View Post
Hi all! Just purchased this 5 weeks ago. Towed it home 2 hrs. Parked it beside my detached garage, leveled and stabilized it. Have driveway camped in it twice. Each time the slide is in after a rain, there is about a quart of water in the floor when I open the slide. Does not leak when it's raining and the slide is out. I am the head tech for a GM dealership and mainly fix my own items. I spoke to the dealer about some things to inspect, but they didn't have any other concerns with them. I'm taking it back there in the morning and dropping it off. I noticed that one of the outside seals are rubbing pretty hard against the slide rail. Almost has a hole in the seal already after operating the slide about 10 times total. I'll keep everyone posted what they do. Oh, and hello from southern Ohio!

Good luck to you! We bought our 26DBH three weeks ago and it's already in for the 3rd time due to the same issue you're having [emoji35].

2017 Grey Wolf 26DBH
smnavalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:42 PM   #3

Ugh, was hoping not to hear that! Guess it's the nature of this business though. I know as a tech, I don't build the vehicles, but I darn sure fix the issues better than the factory when they come to me. Hopefully this dealer has adequately trained technicians to fix it correctly the first time. Good luck to yours as well
Old 03-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #4

Kind of had the same issue with my 2017 27DBS, finding a small puddle of water after it rains right beside the main slide....dealer removed and reapplied the silicone around the slide seal and all has been good. Probably just a half assed job at the factory.
Glampster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Ugh, was hoping not to hear that! Guess it's the nature of this business though. I know as a tech, I don't build the vehicles, but I darn sure fix the issues better than the factory when they come to me. Hopefully this dealer has adequately trained technicians to fix it correctly the first time. Good luck to yours as well

We just got our back from the dealer today. The local dealer worked with the manufacturer and came up with the idea for additional seals near the slide glides. Here's a picture (cause I'm not very good at explaining). We haven't had any rain since but we're expecting three days starting tomorrow. We'll keep our fingers crossed! How about you, any fix yet?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8200.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	132104Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8201.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	278.6 KB
ID:	132105

2017 Grey Wolf 26DBH
Old 03-18-2017, 06:38 PM   #6

Thanks for posting that! I was wondering about sealing that area more. My dealer hasn't notified me of any progress yet. I called and left a message yesterday. I'll definitely update
Old 03-18-2017, 07:12 PM   #7

One trip last year, we ran the slide in while breaking camp and there was dew on top of the slide. I didn't think much about it until I went inside after the slide was in and saw water running down the side of the slide out. Now I make sure when we're breaking camp to squeegee off the top of the slide and wipe it with a towel. No issues since. The top seals don't do a good job of cleaning the water off. I've never had a leak problem with the slide open though.
Old 03-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #8

That's true, thanks for posting for those that may forget! In this case, the slide was definitely dry and appeared to leak each time the slide was in and then rained. The pics that smnavalley posted are exactly where I think my water was coming in. It was entering by following the lower track and dripping on the floor
Old 03-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #9

Quote:
That's true, thanks for posting for those that may forget! In this case, the slide was definitely dry and appeared to leak each time the slide was in and then rained. The pics that smnavalley posted are exactly where I think my water was coming in. It was entering by following the lower track and dripping on the floor

I'll get back to you after our next rain and let you know if it works. Fingers are crossed!!!

2017 Grey Wolf 26DBH
Old 03-18-2017, 11:21 PM   #10

Mine was coming in on the upper track.
Glampster67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glampster67 View Post
Mine was coming in on the upper track.

Yeah, mine too.

2017 Grey Wolf 26DBH
Old 03-21-2017, 11:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Thanks for posting that! I was wondering about sealing that area more. My dealer hasn't notified me of any progress yet. I called and left a message yesterday. I'll definitely update

After three days of rain, the additional weather stripping appears to have stopped the leak! Hopefully your issue is resolved as well!

2017 Grey Wolf 26DBH
Old 03-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #13

That's great to hear! I spoke with my dealer and they said they fixed a few areas and were waiting for the sealant to cure. I emailed them the pictures you posted and told them I didn't want to make multiple trips to have this fixed. They called today and said the Forest River warranty rep was at the store today and they were reviewing those pics to see if they will cover that on mine as well.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:38 PM   #14

Quote:
That's great to hear! I spoke with my dealer and they said they fixed a few areas and were waiting for the sealant to cure. I emailed them the pictures you posted and told them I didn't want to make multiple trips to have this fixed. They called today and said the Forest River warranty rep was at the store today and they were reviewing those pics to see if they will cover that on mine as well.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

2017 Grey Wolf 26DBH
Old 03-24-2017, 07:35 PM   #15

My 26RL leaks when the slide is in but not when it is out. The bulb seal on the top rail of the slide droops in the middle. It is my belief that water is pooling on the bulb and seeping down. When I break camp Sunday morning, I am going to climb up and work the bulb up where it should be and see if that stops it. On mine the water pools on top of the slide and rolls off when I lower the tongue to hook up.
2016 Nights Camped 23 (3 in popup)

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
mac.dblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak