Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2017, 10:29 PM   #1

2017 Arctic Wolf 285DRL4

Anyone have one or have any owner info on it. Good, bad or other wise. Can only find info the dealers have out there and of course they say it's the best there is.
Gonefishing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:09 PM   #2

I came here looking for the same information. After looking at everything on the market in a lightweight 5er thinking this is what I have settled on. I don't think they have been out long enough for any feedback but can't find anything else with the options in that weight so guess we shall see how it goes. My dealer has a loaded out unit in stock. Hard to find auto leveling, residential frig, opposing slides, power bed, four season and nice finishes all in a 8300# unit.
Promod33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:22 PM   #3

Promod33,

The other 5 th wheel out there is the 255p might want to,check it if you have not.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:36 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing1 View Post
Promod33,

The other 5 th wheel out there is the 255p might want to,check it if you have not.
The 255p was nice really liked the price and fit some of our criteria but we prefer the kitchen in the slide for the extra living room. Even with the fixed island the artic feels huge inside for the size. It's the most wow the minuet you walk in the door of anything we looked at in our size. I even found a 2017 28' used Grand Design I really wanted to like for the price and quality but was a no go.
Promod33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #5

Promod33
Yep it is nice I haven't seen one in person only pics. But found one. At a dealer in Myrtle Beach about two or so hours away might take a look at it.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonefishing1 View Post
Anyone have one or have any owner info on it. Good, bad or other wise. Can only find info the dealers have out there and of course they say it's the best there is.
We're looking at getting one of these. It will be our first RV. The dealership here quoted us $32,500 out the door including installing a hitch in my truck and necessities that we're going to need need.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:39 PM   #7

We have a 285DRL. 28.5 ft. Love it!! We bought ours in Little Rock, AR from RV City. Scott was our salesman. We are headed out next weekend for trip #2. Get your instructions online for Lippert auto leveling. Works great w/instructions! Everything working great. I named ours "Wolfie". ��
Doc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 09:37 AM   #8

285drl

We are looking to purchase the 285drl
Would it be worth getting the second a/c? Or does the rear one adequately cool the bedroom? Any other suggestions? fireplace? Definitely want the rear shelf. Can the spare be stored underneath?
Thanks
LaddDez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #9

We just purchased a 2018 Cherokee Artic Wolf 285drl4. We like the unit but very disappointed in the apparent lack of quality control from the factory/manufacturer level. Center console between chairs torn left unit at dealer after paying until replacement part received, hide a bed couch came apart used incorrect screws, shower sky light framed warped dealer ordered a new one, shower door moldings fell off, molding over bed needed to be reattached, bedroom door would not close framing incorrect, interior speaker did not work, side fender moldings outside over wheels flapped in the wind not secured, slide out in bedroom had a gap could see day light, rear a/c condensation water drains over the back window (design flaw).

Dealer has corrected all of the Cherokee factory quality flaws, except water draining over back window.

Bailey's RV Sales Inc. Lufkin, Texas has exceeded our expectations to correct these issues.

By the way the fireplace is worth having.
JimEastTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Wagner View Post
We just purchased a 2018 Cherokee Artic Wolf 285drl4. We like the unit but very disappointed in the apparent lack of quality control from the factory/manufacturer level. Center console between chairs torn left unit at dealer after paying until replacement part received, hide a bed couch came apart used incorrect screws, shower sky light framed warped dealer ordered a new one, shower door moldings fell off, molding over bed needed to be reattached, bedroom door would not close framing incorrect, interior speaker did not work, side fender moldings outside over wheels flapped in the wind not secured, slide out in bedroom had a gap could see day light, rear a/c condensation water drains over the back window (design flaw).

Dealer has corrected all of the Cherokee factory quality flaws, except water draining over back window.

Bailey's RV Sales Inc. Lufkin, Texas has exceeded our expectations to correct these issues.

By the way the fireplace is worth having.
A good dealer is vital when having an RV! That's the difference between being a happy camper and miserable.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #11

Smile Arctic wolf 285

Hi I am a newbie to this site. I am trying to find my way around. Just purchased our Arctic Wolf. We picked it up on a Thursday and went camping the next day. Spent 10 days at the campground. Everything went great.
Hate the mattress. I should have kept my 10 inch memory foam from the the Rpod. About to order a new one now. I did not get on the top of the trailer at the dealers. But now that we are home and I can see the top from our upstairs window I am a little concerned. Is it normal to see the lines across the top where it is put together. Am I being paranoid....the rpod was one continuous piece of material. Thanks
B Meaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 07:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Meaders View Post
Hi I am a newbie to this site. I am trying to find my way around. Just purchased our Arctic Wolf. We picked it up on a Thursday and went camping the next day. Spent 10 days at the campground. Everything went great.
Hate the mattress. I should have kept my 10 inch memory foam from the the Rpod. About to order a new one now. I did not get on the top of the trailer at the dealers. But now that we are home and I can see the top from our upstairs window I am a little concerned. Is it normal to see the lines across the top where it is put together. Am I being paranoid....the rpod was one continuous piece of material. Thanks
If you haven't already, take a gander at the Cherokee Arctic Wolf RV Owners Group on FaceBook. One individual posted a series of photos there of them building his RV. You can get an idea how they are put together. I think it'd be cool to watch mine being built too.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #13

We recently purchased a 285drl4 and had it delivered to our camp site so we can't comment on how it tows but.......
1. After looking at hundreds of layouts, this one had the most of what we were looking for (and at a good price point)
2. We were pleasantly surprised to find that GVWR on our unit is 11,612 LBS.
3. The fold out couch works well (ours is not secured to the floor)
4. The theatre seating is too big for the slide out (at some point I will remove the seating, put a larger piece of plywood under the seating area and PROPERLY secure the theater seating). Their was no excuse for this safety hazard!!!
5. The refrigerator is great and the "ice maker" is actually pretty handy.
6. The factory supplied mattress is worthless ( we're glad we kept our mattress to use in this unit)
7. The electric bed lift works only when not in the bed. If you want to lift the head of the bed, it must be done before getting in the bed.
8. We couldn't find the special bracket that mounts to the tv to use with the provided bracket on the door so we simply took the door off and mounted our 40" tv on its stand IN the cabinet. (Well simply put it in the bed whenever the 5th wheel is being transported)
9. The bottom line is that as long as it doesn't fall apart, we will be extremely happy with our purchase.
Artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #14

Residential Fridge

How Long will the residential fridge in the 285 run off the inverter/battery setup?
jdieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:30 AM   #15

We are looking to purchase a 2017 FOREST RIVER RV CHEROKEE ARCTIC WOLF 255DRL4 and are wondering what people paid for them then they were brand new. Is anyone willing to share that info. Also, now that you have had the camper a few years, so you still like it? Would you recommend buying a used one?
nixie814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:42 PM   #16

We bought our 2018, 285 October 2017 $35,850. We like it had some minor defects which our dealer repaired under warranty, overall satisfied.
No RV is perfect takes some patients and a good dealer who is responsible/competent.
JimEastTexas is offline   Reply With Quote