Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2017, 09:56 PM   #1

2017 Cherokee 274dbh - door locks for bedroom

Hello!! We have the 2017 (ok, I mean the 2016.7) 274dbh, which has the sliding doors to the bedroom. While the plastic snap strap is working so far, I was wondering if anyone else has used another method to keep the doors in the open/travel position. We are afraid that the straps could snap while in transit.....or we forget to do up the snaps before leaving (the second scenario is probably the more likely of the two.....).

Thanks!!!!

2014 Dodge Ram 2500 - tow vehicle

mlowther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:11 PM   #2

We had that exact situation (forgot to latch) happen while traveling last fall and it pulled the track out of the ceiling! My husband was able to fix it, but it was a lesson learned. Since that time, we simply set something in that opening to keep it held just in case the plastic snap gave way. Usually we set our yeti cooler there - it's heavy enough it won't move and makes a good place for it to ride while in transit.
Lesleyinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:59 PM   #3

Interesting question. We have yet to forget to snap the straps, but that is a good thing to consider. I've left my water pressure regulator behind before, so I guess we all do something wrong every now and then. I feel for the people that have to wait for the camping season to come around, and have to winterize. I guess it makes it all the more enjoyable when it does come around. We also have a 2017 274DBH production date of June 2016. Ours has the older looking style wolf on the front, that isn't as tribal looking as the latter model 274 DBH's. Our spare tire cover kind of matched the wolf on the front but was damaged just prior to our PDI. They seem to be having trouble getting one like our original, and have given us the newer digital looking one. If any one has the older style looking tire cover, I would appreciate if you would post a picture of it. Maybe that would be of some help getting another one. Thanks in advance, and sorry to get off topic.
Jack Larson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, cherokee, door, lock, roo