Old 08-29-2016, 12:57 PM   #11

2017 Grey Wolf 26RL (Updated with mods and decor)

So after a couple of trips out, we've decided to make our 26RL more homey, since it is supposed to be our home away from home.

I started by cutting a treated 6X6 in 8" lengths to make stabilizer pads. This gives you two different lengths without getting crazy long and unstable. I drilled two holes through each and countersunk one side before cutting rope and threading it through for a handle. They are much easier to carry this way.

When we took delivery of the camper I bought a large fifth wheel level. I took the mounting brackets off and used Scotch indoor/outdoor super strength double sided tape to attach it to the front of the camper shell. Now I can back in and see from the truck seat how much I need to put under the tires to level up. After I get some Anderson levelers, it will be even easier.

On our 2nd trip out this summer, we met some really good people in the camp next to us. He does woodworking and gave us this wall mount bottle opener.

Rich has a You Tube channel you can check out here. http://https://www.youtube.com/chann...qMzpQ/featured

My wife says any project I start begins with drilling a hole. Rich had the bottle opener screwed to the cedar board. I took those screws out and drilled the holes all the way through the board. Then I drilled the wall out for anchors.

These are the anchors I used. I had to have the short anchors for the thin wall board, but needed longer screws to be able to put the thick cedar plank on the wall.

These work nicely. You drill a 5/16" hole, push the anchor in, run the screw up which spreads the anchor and pulls it tight to the inside of the wall, then back the screw out and use it to attach whatever you are hanging.

And the final product... we added some key hooks to the bottom.

Using the same anchors, we hung a paper towel holder above the fridge. The paper towel holder was in the house we just finished renovating. It was my great uncle and aunt's house, so we were glad we were able to use it in the camper. You can check out our Renovation at Corey and Deb's 1960 Ranch Renovation

Deb has a vinyl cutter, so we made up a sweet little saying, cut it out and stuck it up behind the bed.

We got a couple of signs off eBay and hung them up with the same anchors.

The forum says I can only add 10 pics to a thread. Continued below.

2016 Nights Camped 21(3 in popup); 2 fell through, looking for more

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
mac.dblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 01:04 PM   #12

An over the tank toilet paper holder (fit perfectly on the lip of the shelf behind the toilet), over the door towel rack, and hand towel ring in the bathroom.

In the bedroom we added a wall fan, LED nightlights, a 3 inch cooling memory foam mattress topper, and hanging shelves in the wardrobe.

And in the kitchen cabinets and pantry, we added wire shelving.

2016 Nights Camped 21(3 in popup); 2 fell through, looking for more

Laissez les bons temps rouler!
mac.dblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 04:21 PM   #13

Windows in the doors was the 1st thing I did on our 26BDH!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1472502065.028506.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	118753
Old 08-31-2016, 09:13 PM   #14
CP3

Very nice mods!
CP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:58 PM   #15

Well done!

Tags
grey wolf