Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2018, 07:54 AM   #1

2017 Wolf Pup water pump location

Anyone have any success reaching the water pump to attach a winterizing kit? It's like they built the trailer around it without ability to access it. If I lay on the floor with my arms outstretched my fingertips barely reach it. Last 2 seasons I put antifreeze in fresh water tank as the only viable option to winterize. I really hate doing that and I'm going to solve this once and for all. Before i start doing surgery on nearby cabinets, I was wondering what routes others might have gone. Thanks.
Edit: 17FQ, water pump is under range, not near the hot water tank.
sfd0124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:11 AM   #2

Shows what I know, I thought they were under the bed, very easily accessible. What model/style wolf pup has it hidden away?
K2Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:14 AM   #3
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd0124 View Post
Anyone have any success reaching the water pump to attach a winterizing kit? It's like they built the trailer around it without ability to access it. If I lay on the floor with my arms outstretched my fingertips barely reach it. Last 2 seasons I put antifreeze in fresh water tank as the only viable option to winterize. I really hate doing that and I'm going to solve this once and for all. Before i start doing surgery on nearby cabinets, I was wondering what routes others might have gone. Thanks.
I would imagine it depends on what model you have. Mine is located under my front bed. not easy to get to. i installed mine right at the outlet of the fresh water tank under the trailer. my tank connection just unscrewed, the winterizing valve screwed on, and the hoses just screwed back on. took less than 5 minutes to do. and easy to get to. it still allows for the tank drain to work as well.
IsleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:15 AM   #4

Edited original, pump is under range/sink area. Far away from hot water tank.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:30 AM   #5

To easy! I'll simply connect outside at the tank. Thanks! Totally missed the obvious. 20 years as a firefighter, some pump operator I am. Embarrassed and grateful!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181026_092311.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	190034  
Old 10-26-2018, 08:41 AM   #6
RV There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd0124 View Post
To easy! I'll simply connect outside at the tank. Thanks! Totally missed the obvious. 20 years as a firefighter, some pump operator I am. Embarrassed and grateful!
thats exactly how i did mine! works great, have to go in and out to watch amount of fluid in the bottle unless you have a helper.
IsleDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:45 AM   #7

wolf pup 2017 pump

I purchased the winterize kit and installed valve right before pump between strainer....when you want to winterize simply switch valve and put suction tube in gallon of anti freeze ...takes 10 minutes....I have exact same tt...mine is under bed in front
bigred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 10:08 AM   #8

I wish mine was there. In the 16FQ it's buried behind the heater, can barely touch it after removing access panel.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #9

ill take a picture for you after this nor'easter is over
bigred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:38 PM   #10

I also have a Wolf Pup 16 FQ and the hot water heater is under the driver side “ closet “ almost impossible to reach to buy pas the tank for winterizing, since we are in Alabama I just blow out the lines after draining the water heater. Worried about it last when we had several days below 32 degrees but no problems in the spring. Any tips for reaching the bypass valves would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:17 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin and Jan with Ziva View Post
Any tips for reaching the bypass valves would be greatly appreciated.
Here is how I did it.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ll-172340.html
DonD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, location, pump, water, water pump, wolf pup