Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2019, 10:09 AM   #1

2018 Alpha Wolf 27RK-L - TV mounting location in Bedroom

First I hate to come on here and ask something which probably will be obvious once I am informed. So when I purchased a year ago, part of the sale was to have the TV mount installed in the bedroom. They did not do it, I am about 2 hours from the dealer, the delivery guy was obviously someone they subcontracted to drop off in my seasonal site.

So that's the background. My previous ones would have a sticker on the wall or somewhere that would say "TV Mounting Bracket". There is none, stud finder is not picking up any difference in thickness.

Does anyone know where you are suppose to mount the TV mount on this model. One person said the walls are thicker and you can just mount it on exterior wall with smaller screw. It's only a 24in flat tv, but I would still like an official answer. Waiting for a call back still from Forest River customer service. My dealer doesn't know without me having the unit brought in...

I appreciate any help.
jld341 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:07 AM   #2

this is just a guess as I don't know your rig. directly above the wall plate with the cable connection use your stud finder and or tap the wall and see if there isn't a backing plate there. I never use screws longer then 1.25" good luck let the forum know what you find.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 05:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jld341 View Post
First I hate to come on here and ask something which probably will be obvious once I am informed. So when I purchased a year ago, part of the sale was to have the TV mount installed in the bedroom. They did not do it, I am about 2 hours from the dealer, the delivery guy was obviously someone they subcontracted to drop off in my seasonal site.

So that's the background. My previous ones would have a sticker on the wall or somewhere that would say "TV Mounting Bracket". There is none, stud finder is not picking up any difference in thickness.

Does anyone know where you are suppose to mount the TV mount on this model. One person said the walls are thicker and you can just mount it on exterior wall with smaller screw. It's only a 24in flat tv, but I would still like an official answer. Waiting for a call back still from Forest River customer service. My dealer doesn't know without me having the unit brought in...

I appreciate any help.

Same issue with my 2020 Alpha Wolf 26RL-L. The service tech couldn't answer the question during my walk-through, but suggested that since the exterior walls are 2" thick, a mount could just go on the side wall. As you found out, a stud-finder doesn't come up with a density difference in that area where a stud might be located. I'm only going to mount a lightweight 19" TV in that location, but want to do it correctly. I've attached a picture of the location in the bedroom - the television hookup is in the ceiling above the window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bedroom TV location.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	210189  
Old 07-24-2019, 07:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
Same issue with my 2020 Alpha Wolf 26RL-L. The service tech couldn't answer the question during my walk-through, but suggested that since the exterior walls are 2" thick, a mount could just go on the side wall. As you found out, a stud-finder doesn't come up with a density difference in that area where a stud might be located. I'm only going to mount a lightweight 19" TV in that location, but want to do it correctly. I've attached a picture of the location in the bedroom - the television hookup is in the ceiling above the window.
Have you mounted the tv yet? We are needing to do the same on our 2019 RK-L which has the same setup - hookup on ceiling above the window. We’ve also been unsuccessful at locating the studs.
Carolem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
location, mount, tv mount