Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2018, 06:13 PM   #61
Who Dares, Wins

But I think the difference is that the 5er has a lot more dead space than a tt that is all the same level and more open.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
But I think the difference is that the 5er has a lot more dead space than a tt that is all the same level and more open.
Agreed
MarknLisaTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:13 PM   #63

2018 Arctic Wolf 265dbh8 review

Just put a 2nd AC in mine and it makes a huge difference only down side is it take 3 Honda 2000 to run both of them. We do a lot of camping without hookups. It was wired for it and that made it pretty simple the duct work was already there just had to remove the tape and it was good to go!!!
vboy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:56 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by vboy55 View Post
Just put a 2nd AC in mine and it makes a huge difference only down side is it take 3 Honda 2000 to run both of them. We do a lot of camping without hookups. It was wired for it and that made it pretty simple the duct work was already there just had to remove the tape and it was good to go!!!
Great thank you!
We have a set up for it just gotta get one. I was wondering if it went in duct work.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:43 AM   #65
Censored Member

I looked at the Arctic Wolf over the winter and wasn’t too impressed with the construction of the fifth wheel although I think it was on par with the construction of other lightweight trailers. The dealer had no clue what the R values were for the trailer either. The one thing that surprised me was the 20 pound propane bottles being standard instead of the usual 30 pound bottles. I did like some of their floorplans. I may end up buying one of these anyway.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:19 AM   #66
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManlyMan View Post
I looked at the Arctic Wolf over the winter and wasn’t too impressed with the construction of the fifth wheel although I think it was on par with the construction of other lightweight trailers. The dealer had no clue what the R values were for the trailer either. The one thing that surprised me was the 20 pound propane bottles being standard instead of the usual 30 pound bottles. I did like some of their floorplans. I may end up buying one of these anyway.
I do not think any of the dealers know r value! Haha they can barely figure out what can be towed with what size truck.

I have only been in the camper a few trips (about 2 weeks total camping) and I'd say it is not build any worse or better than our Rockwood was and I was told this was a "better built unit". But it is also a 30k camper.. So I am not expecting the moon. Ours also came with duel 30's so I have no idea how they come up with stuff sometimes. Another guy with the same unit got 20s

Our 2nd ac went into the ducting so it pumps through out the camper from both sides.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie1280 View Post
Started this on another forum, so i thought i'd start it here as well.

Thought i would start a thread for owners of this rig to share the pros & cons they've found with this rig so far along with any tips/tricks/upgrades they have done to theirs.
Please edit your existing post as you think of things to minimize the number of post folks have to read through.

PROS
-The pivoting hitch is really nice (i'm new to FW so not sure if this is a normal feature). Not only can you push it out of the way when the camper is parked to avoid running into it while walking around the camper, but if you need to tweak it a bit while trying to hitch up the rig it makes it easier than trying to back in and realign.

CONS
-Outside storage is minimal at best. The "basement" is the only outside storage which is located in the front. The only other option you would have is to ditch the outdoor kitchen and convert that to a storage bin which is located in the far back with the door on the main entrance side.
-The metal extrusion for the outdoor grill was mounted below my outdoor kitchen door. Not only does this make it to low for even the shortest of short folks, but it does not properly support the included grill and mount as there is no camper sidewall left for it to rest against. Not sure who put this on, but i don't think they thought this through very well.
-Interior storage and cabinetry. I'm 6'5" and i can barely reach the highest shelves of the cabinets. Also, in the corner behind where the TV goes, you have 3 extremely large cabinets. Anything other than blankets or soft goods would likely roll/slide around in here. So i suspect i will have to build some sort of shelving system or get creative with bins or something of that nature.
-Was loading up the drawers below the dinet seats last night and the bottom of the drawer fell out. Pulled the drawer all the way out and sure enough, not a drop of glue and all the staples were driven either to deep or only half the leg of the staple made it into the plywood. So i glued and nailed the entire thing, should be good to go now.

TIPS/TRICKS/UPGRADES
-Under the bottom is some dead space. Part of the space underneath is the outdoor kitchen. But the other half or so is unused space. On my rig, there is a small triangle of plywood that was not secured down. So i popped it out and boom, a bunch of storage space. So i cut a small 1.5" hole into the plywood with a hole saw for a finger hole to easily remove the plywood piece. Good space for infrequent items and best part it's behind the axle to minimize extra weight on the pin!
Thanks for the under bunk info, we love our new found storage.
It’s just me n the hubby unless the grandkids are with us.
We have lots of storage thx to you we have much more
Old 04-16-2018, 02:00 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
I do not think any of the dealers know r value! Haha they can barely figure out what can be towed with what size truck.

I have only been in the camper a few trips (about 2 weeks total camping) and I'd say it is not build any worse or better than our Rockwood was and I was told this was a "better built unit". But it is also a 30k camper.. So I am not expecting the moon. Ours also came with duel 30's so I have no idea how they come up with stuff sometimes. Another guy with the same unit got 20s

Our 2nd ac went into the ducting so it pumps through out the camper from both sides.

Great the tech that came out from dealership said he didn’t know if second ac wias already set up in the ducts. Glad to hear it is
I’m adding a second one
We will keep you posted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DF3A7184-4942-4EFB-AB96-AC51D7702B17.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	168476  
Old 04-24-2018, 07:09 PM   #69

Slide Problems

Anyone having issues with slides? I have the 265dbh and my front slide leaked a ton of water and now the main rear slide is getting stuck in the out position. Huge disappointment.
rgerrymts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:50 PM   #70

2018 Arctic Wolf 265dbh8 review

I had a issue with the slide leaking when it was out took it to the dealer they fixed it. They had to add a pitched roof going away from the body they use the same material that the roof is covered with haven’t had any issues sense.mine was just the front slide
vboy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #71

Well...winter has finally (for most days) left Wisconsin!!
We pulled our Wolf home from storage this weekend to get it ready for a memorial weekend trip. So i thought i'd check in here at the forums and was shocked to see this thread still going!!

Looking forward to hearing more mods and how things are going for owners of this rig.

SOLD-2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 w/ Max Trailering Package
willie1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarknLisaTX View Post
I upgraded my bed to a memory foam on Amazon 200.00 short queen
How does the memory foam handle the bending (assuming you use the elevating feature)? We thought about doing the exact same thing.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarknLisaTX View Post
]We bought ours in January we love it.
Traded in our 2017 tracer air.
We part time in it at military fam camps, own a great house but this is much more relaxing.
Hubby is a 100% disabled war veteran being in this atmosphere is great for him.
I have one issue I hate our outside antenna nothing comes in.
I was at this same spot a couple months ago with my 2017 tracer air crank style antenna and got everything. Any input?????

Also the 15k air conditioner on this is not enough, we tinted our windows it got so bad here and it’s only 83 in Texas right now and camper is 76????
They said they are replacing ac let’s see if that fixes it

I love the upgraded stairs lots of luxury in here.
Do you notice a benefit to having the tongue jack? Was curious if this helps with the bounce throughout the camper.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:44 AM   #74

The stair noses inside the camper don’t feel the best if you don’t have shoes on. However, I Couldn’t bring myself to spend the $$on stair huggers so I made my own. $2 carpet tiles and some snap kits and problem solved!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8C6EF39F-C499-42BB-A200-7CB3BDFFD48F.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	504.3 KB
ID:	173012  
Old 05-23-2018, 06:52 AM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie1280 View Post
The stair noses inside the camper don’t feel the best if you don’t have shoes on. However, I Couldn’t bring myself to spend the $$on stair huggers so I made my own. $2 carpet tiles and some snap kits and problem solved!!
Looks nice, the wife did something like that in our River Stone, found a small carpet runner and used a non slip thing under it, carpet never moves and she is happy
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:29 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Looks nice, the wife did something like that in our River Stone, found a small carpet runner and used a non slip thing under it, carpet never moves and she is happy
Any thoughts as to installing a hand railing in the steps area?
JimEastTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:55 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEastTexas View Post
Any thoughts as to installing a hand railing in the steps area?
Ours came with a hand rail
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:56 PM   #78

Thanks
Old 05-25-2018, 02:38 PM   #79

Where did you buy your snap kit?
Old 05-29-2018, 07:06 AM   #80

Menards which is like a Home Depot here in WI. It was in the hardware section by the staples.