Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2018, 07:24 AM   #81

Thanks. Will look at Home Depot and Lowe's.
JimEastTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:23 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie1280 View Post
Well the maiden voyage went great this weekend.

Only issue we had was the fridge opened during the drive there and a gallon of milk fell out and busted open. I knew that goofy/useless sticky push knob thing-a-bobber wasn't gonna do squat. Since the fridge in this rig is a household type (no locking doors), i'll need to rig something up to keep the doors closed during travel.
Have you figured this issue out yet? We tried a bungee cord, but that did not work, we got to our site and had several fridge items in the floor. Lucky it was not a mess. So we are trying to find another solution.
jp4ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjayw View Post
Currently have an RV and we're looking to move to the Artic Wolf 265DBH8. One question I have, is how loud is the AC unit by the top bunk. We have 2 kids, that will be using both bunks and I'm concerned that the noise level will prevent whoever is on top, from getting a good nights sleep. Our current RV's intake, is in the middle and that seems pretty loud as it is. On the Arctic Wolf, it's right above the top bunk.

Thanks in advance,
Jay
It is loud and cold on the top bunk. We were using the bottom for storage and our daughter was using the top. We have now switched her to the bottom and storing on the top.

We also leave the fan on so it is not coming on and off all night long, because it was disturbing her sleep.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:08 AM   #84

We looked at the 28 version and the lack of outside storage kept us away from that, as a 5th Wheel generally has far more then a TT, but they do look like nice trailers and we liked the layout and colors also blue lights all over was nice.

I had far more storage in my 2013 Crusader 295 then those new attic wolf units give you.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:46 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp4ga View Post
Have you figured this issue out yet? We tried a bungee cord, but that did not work, we got to our site and had several fridge items in the floor. Lucky it was not a mess. So we are trying to find another solution.
I'll take a photo the next time we have the rig out.
I bought 2 of these: https://www.mcmaster.com/#8030t11/=1dco2xg
1 roll of this: https://www.mcmaster.com/#3510t82/=1dco3ak
And a couple of these: https://www.mcmaster.com/#29705t22/=1dco3lq

I mounted 1 bracket above the fridge on the bottom edge of the cabinet and mounted the other on wood below the bottom of the fridge. Then with the webbing and buckles i basically made a belt that loops between the 2 brackets. Just loop it through, and tighten it by pulling like you would tighten the straps of a backpack. When you get to you destination, just left the buckle and undo it.

I did the same thing to secure the tv down while traveling as well. Works really well!

Again, i'll take photos next time i'm out.

SOLD-2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 w/ Max Trailering Package
willie1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:49 AM   #86

Here is a photo of the mod i talked about early on in this thread.
We basically ditched the outside kitchen and i made use of the unused space below the bottom bunk and behind the outdoor kitchen.
I didn't take a photo, but there's also a trap door below the end of the bottom bunk to access this space as well in case you wanted to put a dirty clothes hamper or something else in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cubby mod.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	251.5 KB
ID:	176473  

Old 06-21-2018, 08:09 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Wolf View Post
Nice. Please post a pic with the boat
I forgot to post the pic for you Arctic Wolf, here it is
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	A0C15C15-0365-431E-936C-B5AEB337FBD2.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	577.6 KB
ID:	176795  
Csscrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:27 PM   #88
Wrench Turnin Fool

Very cool. Can you back it up??

2001 Coleman SantaFe pop up
Excited new owner of 2018 Arctic Wolf 315TBH8
Towing with a 2005 F-250 5.4 GASSER
Arctic Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:28 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Wolf View Post
Very cool. Can you back it up??
Absolutely, this is what I do for a living.. whether it’s crude or logs..

but it is much much harder with the boat since 1 ya can’t see the boat til it’s too late to correct and 2 the wheels on the camper are so far forward that it took a lot of getting used to!

*sorry for the second picture being sideways, I can’t figure it out
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C35DB021-DE6F-42F5-983B-86C3C2F3EB2D.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	176818   Click image for larger version

Name:	1855BA9A-A6C6-4DAF-9F2B-C6C939E0AE86.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	176822  
Old 06-22-2018, 05:17 AM   #90
Wrench Turnin Fool

Sweet. I figured it would be tough to back since the boat is so small. And yes the wolf reacts weird because the axles are near the center. I've never pulled doubles... Looks like fun

2001 Coleman SantaFe pop up
Excited new owner of 2018 Arctic Wolf 315TBH8
Towing with a 2005 F-250 5.4 GASSER
Arctic Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:10 AM   #91

Quote:
I'll take a photo the next time we have the rig out.
I bought 2 of these: https://www.mcmaster.com/#8030t11/=1dco2xg
1 roll of this: https://www.mcmaster.com/#3510t82/=1dco3ak
And a couple of these: https://www.mcmaster.com/#29705t22/=1dco3lq

I mounted 1 bracket above the fridge on the bottom edge of the cabinet and mounted the other on wood below the bottom of the fridge. Then with the webbing and buckles i basically made a belt that loops between the 2 brackets. Just loop it through, and tighten it by pulling like you would tighten the straps of a backpack. When you get to you destination, just left the buckle and undo it.

I did the same thing to secure the tv down while traveling as well. Works really well!

Again, i'll take photos next time i'm out.
We just got our unit back from the dealer for repairs and they have installed a different fridge locking system. We will see if it does any better. They said this was the new standard for 2019. Its 2 sets, one for fridge and one for freezer. Still looks cheap and not strong enough. If the replacements don't work we will implement your method. I will post a picture sometime this week. We leave today for a 9 day 3 state trip. Our longest trip ever.
Old 06-22-2018, 07:27 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csscrash View Post
Absolutely, this is what I do for a living.. whether it’s crude or logs..

but it is much much harder with the boat since 1 ya can’t see the boat til it’s too late to correct and 2 the wheels on the camper are so far forward that it took a lot of getting used to!

*sorry for the second picture being sideways, I can’t figure it out
Get the backup cam for the wolf, i use ours all the time!

Old 06-22-2018, 08:59 PM   #93

Quote:
Get the backup cam for the wolf, i use ours all the time!
I just might do that, but i would rather use my mirrors to keep an eye on the big trailer. I actually was just thinking about bolting some snow plow markers, flexible orange plastic things, horizontally on the back of the boat trailer so they stick out about 6 inches on each side then I’ll be able to see where the boat is going quicker and therefor correct sooner.. they cost about $15 a set compared to about $350 for the cheapest decent camera up here.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:15 PM   #94

Arctic Wolf 265dbh8

I also have a huge issue with any manufacturer as large as Forest River to not exceed industries highest quality standards. In our case the ROOF in my opinion one of the most important aspects of the RV...The Forest River website as of now states under literature and brochures the roof has being constructed of 3/8" plywood and is fully walkable. As per Forest River and our local dealer on January of 2018 dealers have been told the roof of these RV's are unwalkable if there is no ladder. Our New camper has bubbled up seams 3 inches x 8 foot at every plywood seam across the entire roof.....Has anyone heard of such poor quality and if so is this considered acceptable?
Meisenfam5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:52 PM   #95

Junk

No ladder on the back cause you can't walk on the roof because it is poorly constructed!!! A/C unit above the kids bunks is super loud!! The A/C is barely enough to slightly cool off the front BR!!! When it rains the slide-outs are insanely loud,,,I guess the extra room inside meant sacrifice pease and quiet!!! We have had several pieces of trim fall off already and we have owned our camper for 2 months and it's been at the dealer for repairs for a month and a half!!! Have I mentioned the goofy strap they put the the refrigerator??? I didn't hold the door shut and it swing open and dented the SS door!!! Hope this helps people to do more research.
Meisenfam5 is offline   Reply With Quote