Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #1

2018 Arctic Wolf 315TBH8 Problems Help

Good day everyone, I’m new to the forum and to the 5th wheel world. I moved up from a Grey Wolf 26DBH and decided to stay with Cherokee because I had no issues.

So to the meat of my issues. I bought this camper off of the original owner who had it less than 1 yr, used it less than a handful of times. So I take it out on my first trip and came across some problems that couldn’t have been unknownto the seller, not unless they were dumb dumbs.

Issue 1: When I turn the AC on and cycle the thermostat to heat, my AC never turns off. It continues to blow never turning off. Anybody have an idea what the problem could be?

Issue 2: My unit has one Roof AC on the rear. I get zero air blowing to the the front and the camper never cools. I did experience the coil icing up when I inspected it from the inside. The sensor was in place and I turned thit unit off to allow it to defrost. Out of caution we opted to put a bucket under the AC. Thank god we did this because we had about 16 ounces of water in the bucket in the morning, unfortunately the bunk was soaked and the wood around the entertainment center was soaked andwilted. Because MANUFACTURERS don’t allow original manufacturer warranties to transfer to a second buyer which is asinine, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions to remedy my problems?

I know I need to get a second AC unit installed for the front as the camper is prewired for it. The unit producing copious amount of water on the inside is a major problem. Thanks in advanced Fellow Campers!
LJ17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:20 PM   #2

One problem I can probably help with is the ac fan running when heat is on. There should be an auto fan setting and also an on setting for the ac on the thermostat. If it says fan on, it will run anytime that the thermostat is on, weather it be heat or on ac.
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #3

I know for certain that it wasn’t on auto. I cycled it to heat and the air conditioning never turned off, it continued blowing cool. I tested this same process with my Grey Wolf because I haven’t sold it yet and it actually turns off and switches to heat. I’m thinking it might be a thermostat problem. Not sure yet.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:25 PM   #4

On the water situation, I would check to make sure nothing is blocking the water from running out of the drain hole. My first step would be to remove the cover and then have thermostat call for ac. Check to make sure water is running out onto the roof and draining into the gutter and not pooling inside ac pan.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:27 PM   #5

2018 Arctic Wolf 315TBH8 Problems Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ17 View Post
I know for certain that it wasn’t on auto. I cycled it to heat and the air conditioning never turned off, it continued blowing cool. I tested this same process with my Grey Wolf because I haven’t sold it yet and it actually turns off and switches to heat. I’m thinking it might be a thermostat problem. Not sure yet.

It wasn’t on auto? Is should be on auto for it to turn off.

And if not it’s just common problem that happens when not set to auto and instead to on. it may very well be that the thermostat is bad or even miss wired from the factory
Old 10-08-2018, 06:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
On the water situation, I would check to make sure nothing is blocking the water from running out of the drain hole. My first step would be to remove the cover and then have thermostat call for ac. Check to make sure water is running out onto the roof and draining into the gutter and not pooling inside ac pan.
The AC does drain outside and drip down the down spout. The ground was soaked from the water drip.
Old 10-08-2018, 06:56 PM   #7

Best of luck[emoji106]
Old 10-08-2018, 09:34 PM   #8

Just a thought, my a/c started freezing up and the unit would either run constantly or not run at all. I replaced the control board and that seems to have fixed the problem. There is an updated control board kit that comes with a new thermostat. You might want to look into that.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:46 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by klrobert View Post
Just a thought, my a/c started freezing up and the unit would either run constantly or not run at all. I replaced the control board and that seems to have fixed the problem. There is an updated control board kit that comes with a new thermostat. You might want to look into that.
I will definitely look into that. Did yours happen to produce copious amounts of water inside the camper because of the computer board problem? Thank you.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ17 View Post
I will definitely look into that. Did yours happen to produce copious amounts of water inside the camper because of the computer board problem? Thank you.
Yes, when the unit froze up, the vents would get condensation on them to the point they would drip onto the floor.
Old 10-11-2018, 01:20 PM   #11
Commercial Member

LJ17,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues and any inconveniences as a result of your concerns with your Arctic Wolf. If you these issues are unresolved, please contact Makenzie Yoder in our service department by visiting this personalized link: Forest River Inc., A Berkshire Hathaway Company | RVs, Park Models Trailers, Commercial Buses, Commercial Trailers, Pontoons.

In order to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible, please use this link to outline your concerns and Makenzie Yoder will respond within 24 hours.

Thank you,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by klrobert View Post
Yes, when the unit froze up, the vents would get condensation on them to the point they would drip onto the floor.
Well I managed to get Dometic to refer me to a service center for warranty work. I will let everyone know what the problem turns out to be. I’m believing more and more it’s the control board or circuit card assembly. The cold air was blowing 86 degrees and the ambient air was 84.