Old 05-15-2018, 10:05 AM   #1

2018 Artic wolf 315tbh8 first trip review

Had a chance to take out the new camper this weekend. All in all the trip didnt go too bad. Here is a list of pros and cons from first trip:

Pros-
most of the standard features performed flawlessly.
Upgraded Serta mattress to a normal size queen was worth the money
setup was quick for the most part
pulls great in all conditions

Cons-
birds got into the AC vents and built a nest (easy fix for later)

chose a 30 amp service (one AC IS NOT ENOUGH FOR THIS RIG IN 89 degree weather) it could barely stay at 80 degrees inside with one AC during the day

Even though the FR rep said its possible to move a shelf in the fridge there is no physical way to do this and i call his BS. i have another thread for this issue

Site we chose had a slight grade to it, used anderson levelers and pulled about half up on them, autolevel ran out of stroke so we had to re hook up and remove them and do this all again without the levelers. worked great at that point

New mattress is larger than the short queen obviously, this doesn't allow you to tilt the bed up any longer and the bed contacts the wall portion at the foot of the bed. We are both tall people 6'1, and 6'4 so this was worth it not to have our feet hang off a short queen. We removed the door to the bathroom and replaced with a curtain to make room for the bed.

The run from the hot water heater to the main shower is long enough that when using the showerhead (replaced factory with oxygenetics fury head) when you toggle the water on/off its ice cold for a period of time causing more water to be used. The run in our last camper was about the same length and we never had this issue.

When the AC was put in auto mode instead of HIGH it would not kick back on after a cycle at night. the first night we had to get up several times to manually kick it back on. I turned it to stay on HIGH after that and no issues with it staying on other than not getting cold enough with one AC. We have dual 15k AC's and my last travel trailer with a 13.5 AC i felt was colder than the 15k.

The ceiling fan could not budge a packing peanut. On high the thing would wobble enough i was worried it would rip off. Even on high you had to hold your hand within inches of it to feel the air flow. I even went as far as to have the wife stand on the counter to see if the fan rotation was wrong and pushing air up. It did not matter either way. Of all things is the camper i am least impressed with this one and will look for another solution.

We plan to try out a 50 amp service spot for memorial weekend to see the difference. I am not too high on the AC in this new rig, until it proves otherwise because my 10 year old 34 ft travel trailer with one lesser AC is blowing this away so far in that area. All these different insulation packages on this rig (if there even is anything extra) definitely do not help. The rest of the campers features worked great and were an improvement.

ksgoosekillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:17 PM   #2

What kind of fan is mounted in the vent?
I just changed out the tiny one in my small TT with a Ventor (or something like that), $60 on eBay, 9" variable speed fan, 3 out, 2 in. Just remove the original screen, crank, and motor and the Ventor pushes up in to be screwed in place on the original frame. Some guys have a utube video installing it.

You can move the frig shelves if it's like mine. You have to rotate up and off some clips off the one side first. Then you can slide the shelf far enough to release it. I needed to put 3 gallon ice tea jugs in there and had to move the shelf (1 for tea, two for pre-mixed drinks .

Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 02:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
What kind of fan is mounted in the vent?
I just changed out the tiny one in my small TT with a Ventor (or something like that), $60 on eBay, 9" variable speed fan, 3 out, 2 in. Just remove the original screen, crank, and motor and the Ventor pushes up in to be screwed in place on the original frame. Some guys have a utube video installing it.

You can move the frig shelves if it's like mine. You have to rotate up and off some clips off the one side first. Then you can slide the shelf far enough to release it. I needed to put 3 gallon ice tea jugs in there and had to move the shelf (1 for tea, two for pre-mixed drinks .
im talking a ceiling fan like in your home. Not the vent fans. IN this heat our vents stay closed with fan off. I am installing maxair covers to cool it off while in storage and going down the road. My fridge door can only open 90 degrees due to a wall there. There is no physical way to remove the shelf without removing the door.
ksgoosekillr is offline   Reply With Quote