Old 04-10-2018, 05:54 AM   #1

2018 Cherokee 274VFK

Iím setting up my new Cherokee 274VFK for the summer (snow is ALMOST gone here in Upstate NY) and am wondering how others use the storage spaces in this camper. Specifically, where owners keep their canned and boxed foods vs their dishes. Also, where do you keep towels & hamper, etc. since thereís no storage cupboard in the bathroom. Love the V-nose but the storage is SO different from my former Grey Wolf, Iím stumped! Thanks for ANY description of how you organize yours.

Wendy

wrsees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:00 PM   #2

theres no storage in teh bathroom in the 274vfk?

thamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thamel View Post
theres no storage in teh bathroom in the 274vfk?

Just the over the sink cupboard and under the sink which are both small. The advantage over our Grey Wolf is that we can get to the bedroom NOT through the bathroom but AROUND the bathroom. The con is that there is no sizable cabinet in the bathroom or room for a hamper. Love the 274VFK kitchen and living room, so had to ďsacrifice!Ē
Old 04-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsees View Post
Iím setting up my new Cherokee 274VFK for the summer (snow is ALMOST gone here in Upstate NY) and am wondering how others use the storage spaces in this camper. Specifically, where owners keep their canned and boxed foods vs their dishes. Also, where do you keep towels & hamper, etc. since thereís no storage cupboard in the bathroom. Love the V-nose but the storage is SO different from my former Grey Wolf, Iím stumped! Thanks for ANY description of how you organize yours.

Wendy
I keep my dishes in the overhead cabinet over the peninsula on the outside wall. I purchased a dish stack system that fits in the corner, cups and glasses are around the dishes. The section closest to the middle is where I stash my toaster oven.

For bathroom storage, when you open the door, I presume you only have one shelf under the sink. There is a panel that is blocking the access to the sink drains. My husband tapped around it & was able to remove that panel (it is stapled in). He then cut the panel in half and mounted it further in to protect the plumbing. I have a small plastic bin in the bottom portion that holds bottles of liquids (hand soap, dish soap, shampoo, cleaning supplies, etc.). If something leaks, it’s a lot easier to clean. I put our toilet paper on the top shelf.
In the upper cabinet, I use the bottom shelf for tooth brushes, toothpaste, sun lotion, etc. I usually roll my towels and washcloths and stand them on the top shelf. We use the hooks on the wall for wet towels.

The cupboard in the living room area (wall by bathroom) is where I put less used appliances and a few canned goods. I put the staples (flour, sugar, coffee) in stackable bins in the upper cabinet by the fridge.

We’re going to take an extended trip this summer, so i’m still figuring out locations for extracanned goods. Currently, I’m thinking under the bed since the front kitchen makes the trailer a bit heavy on the tongue.

Hope this helps.
Quilter3446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #5

Thank you for this description. It will help! I wondered what was in that bottom area under the bathroom sink! Can you post a photo of the modification to give my DH an idea of how it looks, please?
Old 04-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #6

I’ll take the photo when we go out to the trailer, it might not be until Friday, though.

I hope you enjoy your trailer as much as we have.
Must admit we enjoyed it more once we replaced the original mattress!
Quilter3446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #7

The first thing we did with our first camper was to put a thick memory foam topper on the mattress. That was the first thing to go into this 274VFK. Looking forward to your photo. Have a wonderful summer!
Old 04-18-2018, 07:32 PM   #8

Bathroom storage

BTW, this is how I managed my towel space issue. Sorry for the sideways photo!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EA3AE8A7-BA7F-489A-AB16-22E7998D3EB6.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	168721  
Old 04-19-2018, 07:32 PM   #9

The drawers in the sink cabinet are too deep making lots of wasted space; about 7-8 inches. I removed the drawer and cut it in half making two. Drawer slides are available at Lowes. Very easy upgrade Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8291.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	333.0 KB
ID:	168827
cherokeewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeewolf View Post
The drawers in the sink cabinet are too deep making lots of wasted space; about 7-8 inches. I removed the drawer and cut it in half making two. Drawer slides are available at Lowes. Very easy upgrade Attachment 168827

Any brief step by steps on this. Very nice upgrade.
Old 04-20-2018, 05:21 AM   #11

The first step is to remove the drawer face which is only held in place with large staples. After determining desired height ( as you can see mine was to accommodate flatware) and removing drawer slides, I used a table saw to cut the drawer apart. Carefully run each side of the original drawer through the saw in order to separate both pieces. I then reattached the lower ( original) portion to the drawer face so when viewed from the front the cabinet still looks original
Old 07-21-2018, 05:53 PM   #12

Just finished another storage location improvement. I am now using the dead space under the sofa for 2 22x24 pulp out drawers. It was a very easy install after unbolting the jack knife sofa.
I will be making a fold down access from the FR install materials which should make this a hidden feature for all users. Attached are some mid build photos. As always happy to share detail suggestions for anyone eager to take on this upgrade Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8516.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	180706Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8515.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	413.1 KB
ID:	180707Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8520.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	180708
Old 07-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #13

Mine wasnít as fancy. It it will do for now. I just wanted easier access to the underneath area for larger items. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6815.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	181108

Sarjent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cherokee