Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2017, 08:54 PM   #1

2018 Cherokee 724vfk purchase

I love this model TT and found one 125 miles away at 20,998. 2 local dealers are closer but don't have the 724vfk. They report 10 weeks delivery on new order out.

The dealer I have a contract on the vfk724 has been going round and round about putting in a rear bedroom window. The reason I want that option is because the bedroom is as dark as a closed coffin.

Dealer says when I first asked for a window, no there's to many wires in the wall to do that. Then dealer realizes his sale is going south and says, oh sure we can do that. I go great and want to buy.

I sign a preliminary contract with no down payment and limited dealer blaa blaa on it just so I can get my own financing in order back home.

Suddenly later, over the phone the dealer can't do a window, I go, I told you I have to have a window.

Now this, before I went to this dealer I messaged forest river and they replied I can get a window on new order or the dealer can install one.

On another call after they can do it, the dealer tells me his rep said that's not a good idea and they can't do it.

I tell the dealer this forest river option deal again but now I write an email canceling the purchase contract over the window deal and lets just order a new unit at the same price and let me know the up grade cost for a window and fan. He goes ok.

Mean while my financing went thumbs up and I visit the financial institution to sign the papers but put a hold on it cause now I think I will be ordering new with my options of a window and vent fan.

So financing on hold right there.

Later.

Dealer calls and says good news our guys are pretty talented and can put the fan and window in the vfk724. I go great, give me the price and we go from there.

Later, another call back from the dealer. 1,770 dollars for them to install the stuff. I go naw, I have 700 to do this. Dealer goes the fan is 590 bucks alone. Really, I looked prices up for the remote control fan I want and they came in at 188 bucks.

Dealer goes ok, I'll call you back on just the window. That alone will be 750 bucks. Now I know the window is under 200 bucks so they want 550 in labor for that.

Funny how that 1,770 went down to 750. I got a bad feeling about this. What do you think.

Dealer wants to close this coming Monday before installing the window and they will deliver the unit when done so I won't see it before work is done
Gigas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:48 PM   #2

Always go with your gut. Sounds like you know that that is
kfcflores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:03 AM   #3

I'm going to tell the dealer Monday they don't get the money till I see a window in. I don't know them and there's that possibility they get the money and drag their feet on putting in the window and delivery of the trailer to my home.

I sure hope Forest River sales helps me out on this after contacting them. The dealer said their rep stated its a bad idea for them to put a window in and on that they said no window, a third time. With that they were suppose to quote a new order price out with window and remote power ceiling fan on top the price. They don't quote a new order but come back again the fourth time with their install at $1770.00 and claim that's what the manufactures number would be at. My search on the parts dealer retail would buy the ceiling fan at 188.00 and window under 200.00 totaling 388.00. So 1,382 in labor. I seriously don't buy that.

Forest River, tell me the next production run date for the Cherokee 724vfk. I want this TT but this deal has spiraled out of control.
Old 07-30-2017, 12:24 PM   #4

I will bet you $100 the 2 options added to a new ordered unit at another dealer would NOT be $1700. Sounds to me like they are wanting to move an in stock unit and giving you the run around to do it. If it were me I would be headed to another dealer. Also there is ZERO possibility any funds would be exchanged before a satisifactory PDI were completed. I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling after reading your posts...buyer beware!
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:49 PM   #5

This contract was on a new model on the lot. I think I better hold the contract cancel email I sent to the dealer as still canceled and talk with a dealer closer to home.

The more I think about this deal the worse it's beginning to look

Edit to ad: the dealer says they would rather not put the window in their trailer but would put one in my trailer. So basically I pay up front with no inspection of finished work after they will install the window and gladly deliver. So this means I have no chance to make sure this Cherokee is ready or not and I get no briefing how to manage the thing with a walk around.
Old 07-30-2017, 08:32 PM   #6

X2 on the gut feeling!! A very simple suggestion ~~ DON"T!!
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:37 PM   #7

Rear window install

We have the 2015 version of the 724 VFK.

I love this trailer. I have a couple of observations about the rear window in the bedroom.

If I understand your post correctly, you want a large window in the back over the bed. Have you considered the possibility that you may lose the overhead storage in that location? We rely on those overhead cabinets for our extra bedding and clothes when we take trips.

The small window on the side does let on a lot of light, and when you open the back door even more light is available. I find keeping the door to the washroom open, brings even more light in since the washroom has two skylights. (I presume the 2018 model also has the two skylights.)

Also, we use the wall as support when we sit in bed & read.

I don't understand your comment about the fan - are you wanting a fan to circulate air, or a fan similar to a bathroom fan?

Whatever you decide, personally I would not do business with a company that changed what they can/can not do. Seems they should have said, let me check before giving a difinitive answer.

I hope you do complete a purchase for the 274VFK, you will enjoy it.
Quilter3446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #8

Forest River has so many lines and models. Why not choose one that has a window instead of trying to add one to a TT that was not designed for a window? There are so many option with windows and without.
2018 Ram 2500
2014 Spark
gondrej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:47 PM   #9

Because this trailer is what I want, a V nose with a floor plan to kill for
Old 07-30-2017, 08:51 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Vitual Window. Put up a 32 inch LCD tv frame it with curtains and run a loop of bambi frolocking and bears climbing trees.

There are other Vnose trailers out there.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 08:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilter3446 View Post
We have the 2015 version of the 724 VFK.

I love this trailer. I have a couple of observations about the rear window in the bedroom.

If I understand your post correctly, you want a large window in the back over the bed. Have you considered the possibility that you may lose the overhead storage in that location? We rely on those overhead cabinets for our extra bedding and clothes when we take trips.

The small window on the side does let on a lot of light, and when you open the back door even more light is available. I find keeping the door to the washroom open, brings even more light in since the washroom has two skylights. (I presume the 2018 model also has the two skylights.)

Also, we use the wall as support when we sit in bed & read.

I don't understand your comment about the fan - are you wanting a fan to circulate air, or a fan similar to a bathroom fan?

Whatever you decide, personally I would not do business with a company that changed what they can/can not do. Seems they should have said, let me check before giving a difinitive answer.

I hope you do complete a purchase for the 274VFK, you will enjoy it.

I admire your ownership of what I so badly want. The ceiling fan is a remote control intake/exhaust vent fan. Blows cool air in when cool out and hot air out for open window circulation. Price around 188.00, dealer quoted 590.

Forest river told me the head board will go and new window in place. Dealer said the same in one of there on again off again moments.

I have financing ready and will visit two other closer dealers for a 724vfk. I love that floor plan and V nose design.
Old 07-30-2017, 09:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigas View Post
I admire your ownership of what I so badly want. The ceiling fan is a remote control intake/exhaust vent fan. Blows cool air in when cool out and hot air out for open window circulation. Price around 188.00, dealer quoted 590.

Forest river told me the head board will go and new window in place. Dealer said the same in one of there on again off again moments.

I have financing ready and will visit two other closer dealers for a 724vfk. I love that floor plan and V nose design.
I haven't seen the fan, it sounds amazing. I can understand why you'd like it in the bedroom.

Being able to keep the overhead cabinets is good, you will need them. The best thing about the forward kitchen, in my opinion is the open living space. I hope you can get the window worked out, you will enjoy the trailer.
Quilter3446 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, cherokee