Old 04-02-2018, 06:30 PM   #1

2018 Wolf Pup 16FQ Bed Supports?

Bought this Wolf Pup 16FQ last year and the bed lifts up for storage underneath, but has no support shocks installed. All my other trailers had these and makes it really nice so the bed stays up on its own. Wondering if anyone has installed these and which supports did you use?

keller9431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #2

I just installed the standard queen lifts http://www.hatchlift.com/bedlift-kits and they work like a dream. After a day of fol.owing videos and instructions, we finally installed the upper mounting bracket 7 inches from the hinge and the lower mounting bracket four inches from the foot of the storage compartment, on the top rail (meeting from the center of the bracket to the end of the storage).

I also installed 2 small cabinet door supports in the kitchen cabinets. *They were RV Designer H279 and H271. These are the miniature versions of the bedlift. *The instructions for those stated the strut should be installed about 1-1/4 from the top of the cabinet door and that the general rule of thumb is whatever amount the strut compresses (this model is 1), that dimension is the same distance you should mount the centerline of the top bracket from the top of the cabinet door. *They said the most critical part is to get the mounting of the top bracket right. They have made opening the kitchen cabinet and cabinet over the window soooo easy. By the way, I only needed one for each door.

Toniwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniwj View Post
I just installed the standard queen lifts http://www.hatchlift.com/bedlift-kits and they work like a dream. After a day of fol.owing videos and instructions, we finally installed the upper mounting bracket 7 inches from the hinge and the lower mounting bracket four inches from the foot of the storage compartment, on the top rail (meeting from the center of the bracket to the end of the storage).

I also installed 2 small cabinet door supports in the kitchen cabinets. *They were RV Designer H279 and H271. These are the miniature versions of the bedlift. *The instructions for those stated the strut should be installed about 1-1/4 from the top of the cabinet door and that the general rule of thumb is whatever amount the strut compresses (this model is 1), that dimension is the same distance you should mount the centerline of the top bracket from the top of the cabinet door. *They said the most critical part is to get the mounting of the top bracket right. They have made opening the kitchen cabinet and cabinet over the window soooo easy. By the way, I only needed one for each door.

Thanks for the reply. I will check this out and see what I can do.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:23 PM   #4

I finally found some supports off of Amazon for a cheap price.

Apexstone 2pcs 250N/56LB 15inch Gas... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CBQYHSD?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

This worked really well and a great mod for this trailer. Very happy with the result. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1531009319.472140.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	178647Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1531009352.079952.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	362.2 KB
ID:	178648

Tags
bed, wolf pup