Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2019, 12:32 PM   #1

2018 Wolf Pup 18TO Slide Light

So I am looking to add the blue LED light strip above my slide inside like the advertisements show I should have, which sadly I do not. It looks like it would be the perfect night light for my 4yr old who sleeps on the bunk behind the couch. I have the blue LED strip under my awning so know how it should look. I am curious if others who have the 18TO have the light strip or not? Do you have a light switch for it next to the radio or elsewhere? Could you post a picture of how the strip is mounted above the slide? I am thinking of tapping into the 12v under the couch that powers the cup holder lights and USB ports.
Attached Images

J8manski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:15 PM   #2

Year to year and even package to package vary. The display model 18TO Limited we looked at had the LED strip above the slide. The 18TO Black Label we ordered did not. Fortunately, it wasn't a deal breaker for us, but I did look at what it would take to do it myself. This website provides 12V LED strips in a few different colors.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...24v-ip20/5147/
“Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” - Theodore Roosevelt

TV: 2003 F250 V10 4X4
TT: 2019 Wolf Pup 18TO Black Label
Maticuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #3

Isnt that strange? I feel that the show RV's with certain options, ro help add to the visual appeal in advertisement pictures and stuff. But when they actually mass produce it, they dont actually install it to save money. Because as far as I can see, you have few options. Base Camp Package. Safety Package. Limited Package. Black Label. There are no Sub options I can find that you can order. So if one Limited Package has something, they ALL should have it. And as you move up in a package, everything from the previous package moves up with it too. This is according to the Forest River Inc website at least. I mean, I understand that EVERY camper is built differently. But every camper SHOULD have all the same exact stuff. Like if I am building a camper and told to build the Limited Package, I should have a list that I need to check off as I go saying what was installed. Now I may install it differently then Joey does. But in the end we both installed the same stuff. Unless I am missing something here? Are there Sub packages you can order too? I'm not really mad about this, just a good conversation. And am curious about this LED strip cause I do want to add one though, not a deal breaker for me. Just would have been nice to have it factory installed cause I'm lazy and dont want to install it myself haha
J8manski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 03:52 PM   #4

From what I can tell, the RV industry doesn't work like the auto industry. While they are built on an assembly line, it's built by hand each time. For example, when a car is built, the wiring is pre made so it fits the same way every day. When they build a new trailer, one or two guys stretch out the wires and build it from scratch each time. They also build with what's on hand at the time. Every 18TO I ever saw had a shallow tub for the shower and no bathroom sink. When ours was delivered, it had a corner sink in the shower but a flat pan instead of a tub. No notifications of the changes, just the way it was built.
“Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children's children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” - Theodore Roosevelt

TV: 2003 F250 V10 4X4
TT: 2019 Wolf Pup 18TO Black Label
Maticuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, slide, wolf pup