Old 10-30-2018, 08:31 PM   #1

2019 grey wolf 26dbh winterizing

Okay I need help. So I go to winterize my trailer, I drained my fresh water tank, low point drains and water heater. I close the the blue and red valves to the water but there isnít a third valve (bypass). I called the local dealer and asked what I needed. They gave me a whose with a valve to screw onto the pump. So I disconnected the city line and connected the line the dealer gave me and turned the pump on to start sucking the antifreeze in but nothing happened. Can someone please help me out.

Greywolf 26dbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:29 PM   #2

The pump does not draw from the city line. Swap out the fresh water line.

In case you meant you swapped out the fresh water line, I put the hose in the gallon jug and wrapped my thumb and index finger around where the hose enters the jug (like making the OK sign) to create a really good seal.

I then had my wife open a faucet and turn on the pump. As soon as she did I turned the jug upside down till gravity filled the hose. Worked after that. Have a towel ready. I only spilled a couple drops.

DonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf 26dbh View Post
Okay I need help. So I go to winterize my trailer, I drained my fresh water tank, low point drains and water heater. I close the the blue and red valves to the water but there isnít a third valve (bypass). I called the local dealer and asked what I needed. They gave me a whose with a valve to screw onto the pump. So I disconnected the city line and connected the line the dealer gave me and turned the pump on to start sucking the antifreeze in but nothing happened. Can someone please help me out.
Assuming you are referring to the water heater above, our 2018 Grey Wolf only has two valves to bypass the water heater as well.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:20 AM   #4

DonD-
The fresh water line supply has the clamp on it and I know if I take the clamp off the fresh water line Iíll never be able to put it back on
Greywolf 26dbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #5

Winterization kits have a bypass valve that gets inserted between the FW line and the pump. Then the extra hose hooks to that. Is the FW hose clamped directly to the water pump or clamped to a small screen filter that screws into water pump? There's usually a filter screen (that you can unscrew and rinse out) right before the pump. Sorry, I don't have any pics, mine is in storage. I'm hoping i don't have to remove a clamp to put in a winterization kit next spring in my TT.
I've winterized my TT twice now by putting pink stuff in the fresh water tank and pumping through all the lines. Took 4 gallons for mine. You can do that as a fall back.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26dbh, grey wolf, winter