Old 05-30-2018, 06:33 PM   #1

2019 Wolf Pup TV connection

We are the owners of of a brand new 2019 wolf-Pup 16fq. Can anyone tell me where the heck they stashed the external cable input to the unit? I found the external output for the outside TV mount but for the life of me, I can't find the outside input to the trailer? Any help would be appreciated.

jfdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:32 PM   #2

On my 2019 16BHS, the cable Input on the exterior wall is beside the television output coaxial jack. Right beside each other with a split cover.

Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:22 AM   #3

2019 Wolf Pup TV connection

After talking to my Dealer/Service Department and them contacting Forest River, Wolf-Pups DO NOT have an exterior, park cable input on any of their units! The service guy was shocked. The exterior cable connection on the door side is for your external TV, it is not the input to the trailer, it is the output. I'm thinking I should be able to back feed from this and get a signal to the inside jack, I'll try it tonight.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdnh View Post
After talking to my Dealer/Service Department and them contacting Forest River, Wolf-Pups DO NOT have an exterior, park cable input on any of their units! The service guy was shocked. The exterior cable connection on the door side is for your external TV, it is not the input to the trailer, it is the output. I'm thinking I should be able to back feed from this and get a signal to the inside jack, I'll try it tonight.
Reeeealy.
Somebody told an untruth.
Check my pictures of my external cable input and outputs. 2019 Wolf Pup 16BHS. First has the upper exterior duplex AC outlet and the lower split cover the TV cable jacks. Second pic shows the TWO cable TV jack under the split covers.
IF you only have the one for an external TV, cable is cable and you should be able to use that to get a signal to your interior TV. No different than using a splitter at home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1507.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	332.7 KB
ID:	174073   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1508.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	316.1 KB
ID:	174074  
Old 05-31-2018, 10:16 AM   #5
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfdnh View Post
If you do back feed and have more than one internal and/or external TV coax connections, keep in mind that signal splitters are one-way, so you may have to play with the splitter connections.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:34 AM   #6

Seems most unusual having park cable port (door side) on the opposite side of park shore (including cable) hookups.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 11:01 AM   #7

That is not the cable input, it is an output for the external TV mount. Granted, it should work to back feed into the coach but that's not it's intention. If it was done like every other RV manufacturer, there would be an external, street side jack that would be the input. FR just elected to cut corners on the Wolf-Pup. If you run your "park cable" into this jack and you want to put the TV outside, where do you connect it?
Old 05-31-2018, 11:17 AM   #8

On my 25pack12 I have the same hook ups that Boomerweps shows under the awning, as someone else said, that is to hook up your tv to the cable feed or DVD player when using the tv outside. The "in" of my cable connection is near all my other water and power connections. Seems really dumb that they would give you an outside connection for cable tv, but nowhere to connect to the park cable to.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:45 PM   #9

If I ever get to a park that has cable TV, I'll try out those connections. Don't feel much like cutting away the silicone and replacing it to satisfy my curiosity. Those two exterior cable jacks may be simply paralleled, which means you could use it as an input, at least for an external TV.
I hope they work for the internal TV. I can't really foresee using the TV outside while "camping"
My next scheduled campsite in Erie, PA has several OTA TV stations. So I'll be testing the built in antenna. Next one after that is a Yogi Bear vacationland that my daughter says has cable and wifi.
As far as the "It doesn't make sense to have an input on the door side" logic goes, I've been "updating" a few items that were either foolishly designed or just slapped together without any attention to detail on an almost daily basis. So a stupid design error would not surprise me at all.
Old 05-31-2018, 01:12 PM   #10

In Boomer pictures it looks like one is coax and the other is an RCA jack for sound input from tv to audio system for trailer so you can use external speakers.
bigred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred123 View Post
In Boomer pictures it looks like one is coax and the other is an RCA jack for sound input from tv to audio system for trailer so you can use external speakers.

The yellow is the video feed from the DVD player inside the trailer to the tv outside. The sound goes directly from the radio\dvd player to the outdoor and indoor speakers, mine is split into 2 zones so you can have the outdoor speakers on but not the inside and vice versa.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 01:20 PM   #12

I stand corrected...you are right...now i remember that from one time when we watched a video outside from the DVD...good catch
bigred123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 02:01 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerweps View Post
Reeeealy.
Somebody told an untruth.
Check my pictures of my external cable input and outputs. 2019 Wolf Pup 16BHS. First has the upper exterior duplex AC outlet and the lower split cover the TV cable jacks. Second pic shows the TWO cable TV jack under the split covers.
IF you only have the one for an external TV, cable is cable and you should be able to use that to get a signal to your interior TV. No different than using a splitter at home.
Your picture shows an rf cable connection, and a yellow composite video connection. Not two rf coax connections.
If I had to guess, one feeds from the antenna, the yellow one from the built on DVD player.
1995 GMC Yukon Sport
1986 Jayco1016PUP
Days Camped:'13-10 '14-20 '15-6 '16-9 '17-14 '18-3
XenoRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:03 PM   #14

I sit corrected!

Yup, when I got out an old combo VHS/DVD player (none of my old DVD players have a 75 ohm connection) to test the outside connections, the cable would not screw onto the yellow RCA jack ��

The old player wouldn't work right. The DVD would not open, tried the tape that was left in, TV received no signal on channel 2 or 3.

My furious Furion radio has connections to the antenna & TV out the ying yang but does not have a DVD or CD player. It also does not have a HDMI input which is all my newest Netflix DVD player has for an output. I have a couple older DVD players that have S video and multiple RCA jacks for outputs. Might have to experiment with one of those and the radio/TV setup.

If I get to more campgrounds with TV cable, I might have to add an external input in the wall with the radio, which is on the left hookups side.

It would be incredibly wonderful if there was a wiring diagram for our TTs electrical and TV/sound systems, but NOoooooo!
Old 05-31-2018, 04:15 PM   #15

My Dealer/Service Department really had no idea these things didn't come "cable-ready". It's fixable, just a pain...
Old 06-02-2018, 08:25 AM   #16

Keep in mind TT texh is usually a couple years behind.
My Salem 27DBK has satellite and cable inputs on the backside , but nothing out front to hookto.
And even though most of the '18 models had Furrion units with DVD, our late '18 had no player, but added bluetooth, I believe.
Bought a cheap blue ray player.

1995 GMC Yukon Sport
1986 Jayco1016PUP
Days Camped:'13-10 '14-20 '15-6 '16-9 '17-14 '18-3
XenoRev is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wolf pup